Q.

What is a botnet?

Asked by jerin daniel, 04 Feb '09 01:41 am

1.

Last time I forgot my password and tried everything i could do but failed, until I found this great tool Password Genius. It works great, and you can google it.
Answered by michelle, 01 Sep '10 02:07 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

A botnet (also known as a zombie army) is a number of Internet computers that, although their owners are unaware of it, have been set up to forward transmissions (including spam or viruses) to other computers on the Internet. Any such computer is referred to as a zombie - in effect, a computer "robot" or "bot" that serves the wishes of some master spam or virus originator. Most computers compromised in this way are home-based. According to a report from Russian-based Kaspersky Labs, botnets -- not spam, viruses, or worms -- currently pose the biggest threat to the Internet. A report from Symantec came to a similar conclusion. Computers that are coopted to serve in a zombie army are often those whose owners fail to provide effective firewalls and other safeguards. An increasing number of home users have high speed connections for computers that may be inadequately protected. A zombie or bot is often created through an Internet port that has been left open and through which a small Troja ...more
Answered by suvendu dalai, 07 Feb '09 08:10 pm

(0)
 (0)