Q.

How many of u have worst expiriance of using credit cards? & which type of worst expiriance you got?

Asked by sanjay Markale, 16 Jul '07 10:52 am

1.

I had with HDFC...............finally I had to bow after a year paying huge amount than what I was supposed to pay. Anyway I am away with it now and using my other cards smartly :))
Answered by KAMAL THAKUR, 16 Jul '07 10:56 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

There is never a worst experience with Credit Cards if you pay on time.
Answered by daulat khatale, 16 Jul '07 11:32 am

(3)
 (1)
3.

With icici,pestered 4 payment even after paying,then after i cut the card & sent it they still continued charging
Answered by Rushab Indi, 16 Jul '07 01:21 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

I came to delhi & started new job in Nov'04. With my salary account i applied for a Credit card with HDFC which was free. Withcredit card i received one terms & agreement as well as charges detail. Reading that i abstain myself from useing that & waited for the bill. It was Rs.750 and was increasing every month, although i was requesting to cancell the same. It was long 6 month of tension, agony & pain. Every week i use to write request letter to HDFC for cancellation of that card and my request was granted in 2005 September writing a letter stating "you have no dues with us and . But the most tragic part of this episode is that,still i am having that card in HDFC Bank's record. I applied for a card in June'07 and come to know that i am holding that card.
Answered by aloke k mishra, 24 Jul '07 10:23 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

It is not using the Credit Card but of some other way.Someone stolen my purse from ND railway station while boarding the train.It consists ID/Credit Cards. I hv to leave the train to block the card and as a result suffered huge losses.
Answered by Mukesh Kapoor, 24 Jul '07 09:13 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

A credit card can be compared to a lamp. It is like using a lamp to light so many other lamps but if misused then it can burn any asset in no time so it is in our hands to know & read the rules of the game before playing it & learn from others experiences. Yes if we are alert & smart we can rectify all the billing errors proactively by sending emails to the credit card customer care ID's. friends after all isn't smart working better than hard working. Yes after all this if at the end of day , if u are still struggling with the card then blame it only on ur luck !!!!!!!! Godbless all those struggling all time greats
Answered by vijaykumar akhilesh, 23 Jul '07 07:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

I had my worst experience with ABN AMRO- they deducted and paid money to some insurance co without my knowledge and debited to my card claiming that it is mandatory. I challenged it and with the involvement of consumer protection cell got the money back. And I surrendered that card.
Answered by vasudevan surendran, 23 Jul '07 05:46 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

I was supposed to pay a minimum balance payable of rupees ten (for a credit of around rs 200), which i thought insignificant and ignored. The next month they charged me a late payment charge of Rs. 300 for not having payed rs 10!!!...but the bank was kind enough to consider my request and waived off the penalty later after i requested them
Answered by Anupam Biswas, 23 Jul '07 05:01 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

My Dear,why blame banks for credit card...u know once u spend from the credit card, we have to pay back in time..so if we donot pay in time they will charge us,,,since we are enjoying thier money..
Answered by S KUMAR, 23 Jul '07 04:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Sbi cards: they do not have any arrangement to collect cash in any of thouands of their branches. If you drop cheque it will go to Delhi and sent for collection. It will take minimum seven days for the cheque to come to yr a/c. By that time , the bank will charge late fee charges. They will start calling you and send collection agents. they will also will not remit immediately. among all banks, SBI is the worst without any proper arrangements to customers. is it not joking that india's number one bank with thousands of branches do not have an arrangement to collect cash from their credit card users. for ICICI , eventhogh they are doing dadagiri, their branches collect cash which helps customes not trapped in defaulters list.
Answered by sridharan santhanam, 23 Jul '07 04:08 pm

(2)
 (0)