Q.

I feel proud for Government of India giving tough treatment to the Americans in reply to their inhuman treatment of our lady diplomat. The US Administration should be regularly taught what is civility and human right. What is your view. Those Indian who treat the Americans as Gods please don't respond.

Tags: india, money, sports
Asked by soumyen sarkar, 18 Dec '13 10:20 pm

1.

I do not treat Americans as Gods.
It is good to see India showing that we can give tit for tat. However, I feel that this is all because of the coming elections. There is competition for one up manship among the politicians, trying to show off.
However, Govt of India needs to tell all the diplomats in clear terms that they are not supposed to break the rules of the countries where they are posted by indulging in thing against the country where they are posted. The lady in question is not innocent. She was underpaying another Indian. That point also needs to be noted. Having said that, Americans are not supposed to belittle our diplomats the way they have done in this case.
Answered by Francisco, 18 Dec '13 11:26 pm

(3)
 (0)

2.

Good counter
I think if Indiraji is alive and PM , she may take this type of decision
After looong time, we can see brave step by our country
Like this, we shd have give counter to china when they encroached us recently
Answered by sigma, 18 Dec '13 10:22 pm

(3)
 (1)
3.

Even if I worship Americans as gods, though I don't, I would attend your question. The reason is, I don't believe in blind justice. In my opinion, any criminal should be punished once proved guilty. Devyani has committed a crime of visa fraud and the crime of paying her Indian maid much lower than the minimum statutory wage.. crimes, not tolerated by US law, unlike India. Under India's slack legal system, such criminals go absolutely scot free. Such things are easily ignored. Moreover, as you said, she was not meted out inhuman treatment. Hand cuffing and strip searching is a usual screening procedure in US for a detainee. She should not think that by virtue of her position she can escape law with all cover of immunity as a diplomat, neither should she expect a grand treatment committing a serious wrongful act. So, there's nothing to be so proud about India's irresponsible and illegal intervention and empty retaliation against the US administration ...!!!
Answered by sumi sarkar, 19 Dec '13 01:42 am

(2)
 (1)
4.

Not proud of the govt cause of itz so called "achievements".....but yes.....after a long time seeing a definite positive change....... but hav come after too many diplomats n visiting Indians hav met such ill treatment.
Answered by harshal kalangutkar, 18 Dec '13 10:50 pm

(2)
 (1)
5.

I am responding because I think USA is the country of evil.
However I also believe that over patriotism is another face of fascism.
By any chance have studied the real case of your this 'lady diplomat' !
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 18 Dec '13 10:40 pm

(2)
 (1)
6.

I wanted to answer this question but the condition for answering this question disqualifies me from answering. :):)
Answered by Shyam, 20 Dec '13 03:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

This is not correct ,
Answered by alok khatore, 19 Dec '13 09:26 am

(1)
 (0)