Q.

I feel being a Zoroastrian is a very important part of my identity and I am very proud of its rich antiquity. I feel that I belong to this religion and feel a sense of peace in its existence...Do you feel proud of your religion u r born in???

Tags: relationships, religion, important part
Asked by Farhaan, 15 Jul '12 07:16 pm

1.

I am very proud of the religion I am born in. I respect all the people irrespective of their religions, faiths and beliefs. Some of my friends are even atheists.
Answered by Francisco, 15 Jul '12 07:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

It is dangerous to live with a wrong IDENTITY.
You are a HUMAN... that is ur real identity.
A person's religion is just as fake as his name. U could have adopted any name and still be who u r now. All religions are man-made.. u adopt it or rather ur parents drop u there. Each religion has a few distinctive marks and ways.. all adopted. Nothing real about all this. There is nothing unusual holding a pride in ones religion, one's nation, one's race etc... it is so ordinary.. even criminals and terrorists do so. But it takes some caliber to understand the falsities of all this.......seek into the depth of one's real IDENTITY, discarding all the falsities of wrong identities.... and fulfill ur real destiny!
Answered by Shunmugham, 15 Jul '12 08:47 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Neither the principles of the religion I am born in are formulated by me nor I am able to follow them in letter and spirit..... hope its not the same in your case.

Pride has two meanings; one is +ve and the other is -ve. We never know when the positive meaning turns into negative.

Swabhiman hone ka ghamand paal rahe ho???...... satark rehna..... nahi toh shanti ki waaat lag jayegi.
Answered by rakhi puri, 15 Jul '12 10:03 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Religion is not a part of my identity. I am agnostic, i follow religion to keep my elders happy.
Answered by ABC XYZ, 15 Jul '12 07:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Farhan,
i salute your feelings.
i am a Hindu.Here i remember Swami Vivekanandji 'S words " That Region is the greatest in which one is Born". And those are my feelings too.
Answered by Ganadhisha, 15 Jul '12 07:29 pm

(0)
 (0)