Q.

I had received my tax refund cheque through post but as i was not in station i was not able to deposit the cheque within the due date, now what is the procedure to get the refund, i tried going to the income tax office there they told me find out in SBI Mumbai, when i reached there the bank officials are telling that the income tax department has to issue a letter to generate the cheque again, what should i do, please let me know the procedure.

About: Your tax queries, answered!

Asked by Vigilance, 08 Aug '11 01:36 pm

1.

Write a letter to sbi refund banker, mumbai stating that revalidate the cheque and copy of the letter to your assessing officer. you will get refund as per normal process time ( say two to three months)
Source: tele banking officer of sbi refund banker
Answered by raamamurthy kannan, 22 Feb '12 12:22 am

(1)
 (1)
2.

Yes, you must write a letter to I T department to revalidate your cheque . Your cheque has became a stale cheque now.
Answered by ajay, 08 Aug '11 01:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

You have to go personally to income tax office,given an application for revalidation of cheque and return the cheque ( with u) to them dont forget to take a receipt for the same. fresh cheque will come inabout three to four months only or earlier if u pay the it inspector or clerk for chai paani
Answered by rajan, 08 Aug '11 01:39 pm

(1)
 (0)