Q.

Any character or situation in a book or film reminded you about yourself or your own experience in life?

Tags: relationships, education, books
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 05 Oct '09 10:02 am

1.

The one and only character I can say I play fantasy with is none other than ``Dr.Zhivago`` and very coincidently this one is with me from both options you mentioned Muktha in book (the novel of the same title by Boris Pasternak) as well as from the Oscar winning film produced by one of the great directors of the movie history David Lean. ``Yuri Zhivago`` (like me) reared by his maternal uncle after the sudden demise of his mother. He already has lost his father in war and therefore knows nothing about the figure. But he loves his mother but when he is destined to see her going to heaven, he starts inclining more and more, naturally on none other than his maternal uncle who is there to support him as far as question of shaping up of his career. He enters into the world of medicine, not because he wishes so, but his does not oppose maternal uncle`s desire in that direction. Basically he is a poet of love; he loves poetry of human relation, and later turns himself to the services of wou ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 06 Oct '09 02:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

The character played by Shahid in Jab We Met as Aditya (escapist like me) , Hritik in Lakshya as Karan (lacking conviction in what he does in the beginning like me) , Akshay Khanna in Dil Chahta Hai as Siddhartha (in many ways). But the movie I love most for many reasons is A Beautiful Mind starring Russel Crowe. And I just love Russel as John. It always remind me of Paulo Coelho's Veronica decides to die, especially the character of Eduard in it..

Situations? Cannot remember any of them at the moment..
Answered by prashant sharma, 05 Oct '09 07:05 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

I personally do not like to correlate myself with any movie character as I am an ordinary middle class man and there are hardly any movies about the plight of such people. :-)

BTW, if there is any similarity, I remember Anil Kapoor's character in Salaam-e-ishq without his love interest, i.e., the way they show him going through the same routine very day. :-)
Answered by manish varma, 07 Oct '09 08:35 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

I wont say step mother in snow white and the seven dwarfs Muktha. I have a come a long way and now I can compare myself to the woman in the movie "Woman of Substance"
Answered by gem mina, 06 Oct '09 09:44 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

The character of Jackie Shroff in d movie "Yaaden" seemed to be a replica of personility wat I feel abt myself and as far as experienced is concerned the character played by Anil Kapoor in "Meri Jung" may not be exactly similar wid me but like him in d said movie, everything of mine are truely hard earned , for which I have a great amt of attachment wid wat I am blessed wid...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 05 Oct '09 11:59 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Good question Miss. Radhakrishnan.

I firmly believe that, most of the books and movies are based on real life. In other words most of the books and movies on an average are realistic, just for entertainment a little spice is added in it.
Therere some books and some movies (English) wherein after reading those books and watching those movies I came to know that it was just a replica of my life and the experience I had in my life.
For e.g. the recent English movie 8 Pounds & book The Secret. Examples are in 1000s.
How about you? And may I please know (if possible personally) what made you to ask this question please?
Answered by Jairam Kshirasagar, 05 Oct '09 11:50 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

There are books where you like characters so much as if known to u or likable all through life
no identity matching as such
Answered by anil garg, 15 Aug '10 11:35 am

(0)
 (0)