Q.

I came across a person who said that one can read the Qur'an for his deceased parents and request God to credit the reward to the deceased. I would like to know this matter in the light of Qur'an and Hadith [Mohammed Gufran]

Tags: money, relationships, qur
Asked by DNA, 01 Nov '12 09:55 pm

1.

There are several things one may do to benefit a departed parent. The simplest thing that is available to everyone at all times is to pray for our parents and dead relatives. God tells us in the Quran that we should always pray for them saying: Our Lord, have mercy on them as they have brought me up when I was young. When God, with His infinite grace and limitless mercy, looks at people and weighs their deeds from the same angle, He forgives them all their sins. This is exactly what every one of us needs in order to be certain of a happy new life in heaven
Source: Islamic voice//
Answered by LIPSIKA, 01 Nov '12 10:08 pm

(1)
 (1)

2.

He can do sadaqah i.e give charity to the poor , by this Allah swt rewards the deceased parent , if parents have taught Quran ,then every word recited by their students will have rewards even after death , Allah is most rewarding and forgiving
Answered by truth exposed, 01 Nov '12 10:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It i naturally good act but I can not give exact answer as there is lot of knowledge required to answer such questions
Answered by z, 01 Nov '12 11:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

It is possible just like hindus donate things to pandits for theie deceased parents with the hope that the stuff will reach their incestors.. reading the holy books of any relegion with the hope that God will credit the reward to the deceased sounds more logical
Answered by rajan, 01 Nov '12 09:57 pm

(0)
 (2)