Q.

I really love my wife and I support her in her career. Im also working.. Now we are facing a problem. My wife is gonna deliver our first baby next month and she got 3 month maternity leave. We both living alonse here in Bangalore and no one to look after. I realy dont want to send my baby to day care center but i want my baby to grow up in mothers love and my life. I hate to tell my wife to stop working for sometime. I dont know how she would feel.. I really dont want to hinder her from pursuing her dreams. Can some one who is married, preferably a female give me advice. Please help us.

Tags: female, career, im
08 Feb '07 11:51 pm

1.

Well, I am not sure whether my advice will be accpetable but can't you invite your or her parents to come over and help for some time? If that is not possible, why not explore the best baby care centre near by? And if that is not a solution, she has to temporarily stop working ( or you can stop working and take care of your baby). Think of it!
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 08 Feb '07 11:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

I would say you two do not share with each other an open relationship cause haad that been true you would not have needed to post your message here.

I guess yours was an arranged match
Answered by Jerry Cosmo, 09 Feb '07 08:22 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Hi,
I quote some paragrphs from story of Mrs. Sudha Narayana - a graet lady

It was about creation and distribution of wealth. His dreams were grander than my career plans, in all aspects. So, when I had to choose between Murthy's career and mine, I opted for what I thought was the right choice. We had a home and two little children. Somebody had to take care of it all.
Somebody had to stay behind to create a home base that would be fertile for healthy growth, happiness, and more dreams to dream. I became that somebody willingly.
Then, I realized that to make Infosys a success, one had to give 100 per cent. One had to be focused on it alone, with no other distractions. If the two of us had to give 100 percent to Infosys, what would happen to our home and our children? I opted to be a homemaker; after all, Infosys was Murthy's dream. It was a big sacrifice, but it was one that had to be made. Even today, Murthy says, "Sudha, I stepped on your career to make mine. You are respon ...more
Answered by PANIWALA A, 09 Feb '07 12:27 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

HI, i am not married, so all I can say is that marriage is a two way process, u have to work out ways whereby u both dont regret in the long run the decisions u make today. Ask ur wife as to what she wants, if she is doing well right now, then she has the right to go back but then she will have to make sure her baby's wellbeing does not suffer because of this. Hey, why dont u become a househusband, it does not mean henpecked, only that u work from ur home, this is famous in western countries, where husbands are confident to play the role with finesse without losing their masculinity. I am sorry if I have been too harsh with my words.
Answered by Baby Nair, 09 Feb '07 12:40 am

(0)
 (0)