Q.

What are the complaint handling mechanisms of Eden Group?

I am a resident of Kolkata. The big billboards of Eden Group, real estate builders have caught my eye. They are claiming that they have 24/7 live chat facilities and good customer care service in shape of what they call personal relationship managers who will listen to customer queries, complaints and anxieties and work with the buyers to resolve all issues. Now I have heard that most builders have no complaint handling mechanism in place at all. I am planning to buy a flat and am curious about Eden Group; I just want to find out a

Tags: kolkata, group, live chat
Asked by Priya Jalan, 25 Apr '11 10:15 am

1.

A company that handles both praise and complaints in a friendly manner is one that values their customers over everything else. And that is the company that succeeds in earning public trust. As far as I am concerned knowing that my builder has a proper systematic complaint handling mechanism in place proves their trustworthiness in my eyes.
I am happy to say that Eden Group does indeed have a working complaint handling system in place. The much hyped personal relationship mangers do live up to the hype; they are always ready to listen to my queries with a smile. Even when I was angry, irritable and making complaints I found them just as attentive and willing to listen and resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Since I do tend to get riled up easily, the patience with which they handled my complaints is quite commendable now that is look back. So I would definitely recommend them Priya.
Answered by Partha Gupta, 25 Apr '11 10:50 am

(7)
 (0)
2.

Yes, I have noticed their campaign as well featuring Konkona Sen Sharma, they are making lots of promises but will they deliver on them all?? That really is a million dollar question.

Now, asking about the complaint handling mechanism is a good idea since builders do have a reputation of failing to live up to their promises. The initial sales pitch is great but it hardly ever lives up to the expectations. I recently read in survey online that 80% Indian home buyers are dissatisfied with real estate builders. Builders habitually deceive buyers on various points from not completing construction in time, using poor construction materials and the whole fiasco between floor and carpet area etc. In such a situation I think wanting to know what kind of system a real estate developer has in place to handle customer queries and complaints is very pertinent indeed. Hope somebody can answer you form first hand experience.
Answered by Abhishek Banerjee, 25 Apr '11 10:19 am

(7)
 (0)
3.

24/7 live chat is also great as I can get any information I require at any time of the day according to my convenience. My office hours are such that I cannot call up and resolve my queries within normal day time hours so live chat facility is perfect for me. :-)
Answered by Riya Mitra, 25 Apr '11 10:54 am

(5)
 (0)
4.

Guys you forgot to mention the Director Connect facility that customers can avail of to take their queries and complaints directly to the management level. This really is very unique as it allows the buyers to talk to a Director of the Company directly without any mediation so you know that your complaints are reaching the right ear. I havent heard any other Indian real estate developer providing such an opportunity, I may be wrong but it is my belief that Eden in unique in this respect.
Answered by Siddhartha Chauhan, 25 Apr '11 11:31 am

(3)
 (0)
5.

Go to edens website....
Y r u wasting ur time here???
Answered by gaurav shokeen, 25 Apr '11 10:20 am

(0)
 (5)
6.

I have never heard of anything like Director Connect facility before, if its true then I must admit that its an in initiative worth praise. Most complaints get disregarded due to the fact that they dont reach the right place so being able to address ones complaints at the management level will help assure the buyers better. After all assurances from the top man in charge has an altogether higher value and worth in the eyes of the consumer. Thanks Siddhartha for bringing it to our attention.
Answered by Smriti Raina, 25 Apr '11 11:41 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

I agree that director connect facility is unique and provides the buyers a platform to take their grievances to the management directly. And it really does work Simran, I speak from personal experience here. 24/7 live chat facility is also convenient particularly for NRI property buyers. My sister who lives in L.A recently bought a flat at one of Edens Projects and she did all her research through the internet. The official website, the blog as well as live chat facility was very helpful in this respect.
Answered by Naina Basu, 25 Apr '11 12:01 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Well, I have read through all your answers and feel that I should add something as well. You know frankly speaking live chat did not seem that impressive to me as many companies nowadays offer that facility through their official company websites. I was quite skeptical about the personal relationship manager thing as well; it seemed to be propaganda mumbo jumbo to me. All due respect what is the guarantee that your supposed personal relationship manager will indeed listen to your complaints carefully!!! Even after reading the glowing praises by some of you but I still had my doubts. But this Director Connect facility has changed my mind, now this is something that shows that the company is truly willing to hear the customers voice. Its a good initiative provided it does actually work!!!!
Answered by Simran Kapoor, 25 Apr '11 11:52 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

With so many people singing praises of Eden Group I was thinking of checking them out as well, can anyone send me the link for their website????My husband and I have been planning to purchase an apartment and move out of our rental house as soon as possible. Eden seems like a good option right now, so help guys!
Answered by Nidhi Rao, 25 Apr '11 11:14 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Must have sold their souls for money..more

Answered by Ajeebdastan