Q.

Which is the best career for a girl: (a) IIT (b) MBBS (c) CA or any other? Thinking about the many constraints she should face, either in academics or career, which will suit her best to cope up with her changing family needs?

Tags: career, relationships, careers
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 28 Jan '10 10:12 am

1.

An interesting topic involving lots of debate wrt. differences in opinion of different people...in your question , u have asked for the best career for a girl...this is a question which has been travelling thru my mind for last 4-5 years for my daughter....
1. For MBBS , a big no....that never means girls cant be the best of doctors...but they find it very difficult to adjust in their post married life wid their professional demands...My own sister-in-law is a padeatric (SRC), very brilliant and perhaps one of the best in my eye...but she is struggling ...she never wanted to do the private practice...she wanted to join any institution in academics...but after having two kids in their early age, she isnt in a position to spare even 6-7 hours at one go....and facing frustration....and more importantly...I witnessed only struggles from the day she joined the cource of MBBS....
2. IIT , apart from any particular stream like computer etc, I never foind any appeal in this for girls....
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 29 Jan '10 06:47 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

All are best! But where to get admission depends upon the student's capacity and financial condition of family.
Answered by roopa, 01 Feb '10 03:20 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Any career is good for a girl provided she has the support and understanding of her family. And she should pursue the career of her choice because then she will rise and shine and do full justice to her talent. Being forced to study something just because it will good for her as a woman will make her lose interest and he would find it difficult to pour her heart and soul into it. All said and done the support and understanding from her family is very important because without these her life will go haywire managing both career and home.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 01 Feb '10 02:53 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

The Best Carreer for Girls is Management like Mba in HR and CFA ,MCA these are the different types of programs provided by different institutes in India if u want i can suggest u for the same i know lot of people as i am my self working with Educational department. any more queries mail me on jack00797@rediffmail.com.
Answered by jeet john, 30 Jan '10 05:45 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

Hi Muktha > You may find it rather difficult to digest but I was one of the invitee orator to address a small gathering of freshers on this very topic and it was arranged by local Rotary Club. Though mine topic was relating to `Improving English Vocabulary`, I personally had made it a point to concentrate specialization of others especially a girl recently came out as successful candidate at IAS Examination. When she gave and concluded her dazzling speech (as it was personal experience and not hearsay), everybody in auditorium was thoroughly impressed by her trials to achieve the zenith point in Indian Civil Service Examinations. So, I would love to use those notes (as they surely reflects many aspects regarding girl`s career) while answering this question.

Answered by Indra Pawar, 29 Jan '10 12:26 am

(3)
 (0)
6.

In addition to what you have mentioned, there are many options open for a girl to pursue in the present world and she alone with the support of her parents can decide what best to choose from. Many girls today opt for jobs in Armed Forces, Police, Food technology, Marketing, Public Relations, Advocates etc.etc., and have made a success of it. When a man prefers a successful professional as his wife, he must be willing to share the family needs and then only, such marriage can be successful and there are many success stories with this background. I personally, every girl must seek career counselling right after completing 10th class, try to understand her strengths, interests, family financial background etc., and then choose a career that she can pursue with great interest and do her best. No, doubt, she does require the understanding of her parents and well wishers.
Answered by M Shankar, 28 Jan '10 05:44 pm

(3)
 (0)
7.

I thnik teaching job is the best for a girl........
Answered by Twinkle Aurora, 28 Jan '10 10:17 am

(3)
 (0)
8.

B
Answered by Shiva, 10 Jun '11 11:34 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Any career that is respectable and scope for growth and money making is good for girls and guys both, its the need of the hour
Answered by kamini joshi, 05 Feb '11 10:18 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

I feel MBBS was a good option earlier. Now a days it is no more a good option. Girls students are now preferring into engineering. An IITian is always an IITian no comparision of MBBS or CA to her
Disadvantages of MBBS is it takes 51/2 years to complete MBBS and then 2 to 3 years one has to work and then get eligility for an MD course. Again it is around 2 to 3 years. By the time you complete your MD it is 10 to 12 years after Plus 2. The age will be around 30 years. Even just after finishing MD you will not get immediate success. One has to gain atleast 5 to 6 years experience. By the time you are 35 or 36 you will start seeing some kind of results. The girl has to get married ibetween and considerting atleast 2 children there is a likely chance of missing 2 to 3 years more.
If her spouse is also a doctor then it is somewhat relaxing.

A doctor will only see good life only after 40 years ....Now tell me is it worth going to MBBS?
Answered by domainking, 14 Apr '10 10:29 am

(1)
 (0)