Q.

I am a student and will start buying shares first time in my life tomorrow , with investment of 5k
any suggestions ?

About: Money

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by Adil Husain, 27 Jun '12 07:25 pm

1.

Investment in the stock markets needs time, training and temperament. You should concentrate on your studies now. However, since you are young, and have a lot of time on your hands, I would advise you to buy a share that you can hold for next 5 to 10 years without having to sell it. Remember, there can never be any gains like long-term investing. Having said that my recommendations are : 1) Indraprasta Gas Ltd; 2) McNally Bharat Engineering; 3) Tata Sponge Iron; 4) HDIL; 5) Reliance Power.

STAY AWAY from the 10 rupee stocks or the very cheap ones that look very attractive. It is better to buy a quality share than to buy a huge number of useless shares. Any one of the 5 companies I have suggested would do. Buy and forget for 5 years, then just check to see how much your money has grown.
Answered by Vikram, 28 Jun '12 07:16 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Put ur money in a mutual fund.HDFC Top 200 is best.
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 27 Jun '12 07:29 pm

(1)
 (1)