Q.

How would you handle a situation where your friend is behaving strange or is being irrational towards you?

Tags: relationships, behaving strange
Asked by Anuja, 04 Dec '12 08:25 pm

1.

Two choices. Either leave him or her to their whims and fancies and ignore the aberrations and in time, they would get back to normal. Some times, it needs a lot of patience like I had recently with some one. The choice then is 'ignore and let go' or 'hang on and try to put some sense into that person'. Mostly with persistence, one could succeed if that person has a certain degree of reasonableness and it was just a one off occurrence. The aim in such situations should be to mitigate the stress situations for that person and put him or her at ease. Given time, they would be ok.

Second is, depending upon how close you are to that person, knock him or her hard and bring back some sense into that head where lots of molten lava has been poured for no reason and it is fuming intermittently like a volcano. And then give certain deadlines and let go. I am sure, given the cooling off time, either he or she may change or in exceptional cases, that person is lost to you.
Answered by Omega, 06 Dec '12 01:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

If that person is a really friend . i will just tolerate it .. .. if not a friend . i will just ignore it .
Answered by lolita mansfield, 07 Dec '12 03:21 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Hi Anuja,
~I am presently going through this circumstance...There is some confusion or misunderstanding which is creating their irrational behaviour towards me...It pains..Its hurts specially because I have only few friends and they are only the one who stood beside me many times...

But at the end,I never forget...that Almighty Allah is their to resolve all mess and how important it is...to be a good human being...most of all...under the most adverse circumstances too.And when the whole world is busy misunderstanding,and proving me wrong...I continue standing by my convictions,and remaining firmly in the right...diligently...firmly...humbly... :)
Answered by Alaina, 07 Dec '12 12:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

In our long relationships, a time come, when we get such feelings about our friends. More so, if the friend is very close. It is perfectly natural. Usually, with the passage of time, things have the habit of returning to normal. And we should not be too sensitive about this. Let the friend live his own life in his own sweet manner. Let us not demand too much from him. Just relax and take it in to your stride.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 06 Dec '12 08:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Be positive, just enjoy and share the naunce of it, if ur comfort only.
Answered by PLAY BOY, 05 Dec '12 06:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Irrational thinking and behavior is like a shark throwing bait into a river in order to catch a human being. If you expect a disturbed person to understand your logic, you will end up beating your head against the wall. Learn to expect irrational thinking and responses and you won't be surprised. Some people just wont listen to reason. Even though this situation may be extremely distressful, it holds an opportunity for you to learn something about yourself, the other person, and the situation that you have fallen into. Try to make sense out of yourself and don't become exasperated because you cannot figure out the motives and intentions of that friend, whose behaviour seems strange and irrational. Sometimes the best solution is to ride out the storm and wait for calm waters. Don't become over-reactive. You may find yourself doing something that you will later regret. Stay within your own well-defined value system. Don't do anything to harm yourself or your irrational friend. Stay calm ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 04 Dec '12 09:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

There is a huge different in true friend and a friend ......... I always support my friends but having all right to urge with the true one(if I find any difference) either to rectify myself or to rectify the true one ............... and I believe the true friend is none other than my spouse ...........
Answered by pradeep mishra, 04 Dec '12 08:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Speak calmly, keep reasserting your point calmly. Make them feel listened to but do not stray from your one argument, and keep it simple. It's the only way to possibly get your point across.
Raising your voice, becoming argumentative only makes them feel justified in your friend's thinking..
Answered by sur, 04 Dec '12 08:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

1. If I'm in working relation wth him then I'l try to understand whts r his problem & persuade him to be normal & rational. Then we will sit togetehr wth a cup of Tea & analyse & solution wd be found out.
2. If I'm not connected wth him over work , I will avoid him .
Answered by Nitin Ray, 04 Dec '12 08:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

I will ask him to take some rest.
Answered by amitava duttamajumdar, 04 Dec '12 08:29 pm

(1)
 (0)