Using your phone's internet browser
go to:  qna.rediff.com
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.
Q.

Will metro transport really help to reduce the traffic congestion on the roads? Please share your experience?

Tags: money, relationships, traffic congestion
Asked by Good Citizen, 07 Apr '11 01:43 pm
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
  
    
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (7)

 
1.

I doubt it. The people who will be using it most prolifically would in all probability be the ones who are using bus otherwise. And there is also a hitch. Whatever may be the logic of the alignment, it really doesn't meet the requirements of the office going people, where the cluster of various offices are in other directions. Not really impressed on this alignment because the time it would probably take to get to where the starting point or the stations midway, a few more minutes and you are where you wanted to reach. So why take a detour, face the pain of finding a parking space, pay the parking fees for the duration, catch the metro, return and then drive back again. I think, it will benefit only those who are on the route close by and who have to go in the direction which is presently the terminal station. May be, when the whole network is completed, it will benefit atleast 40% of the population who are on that side, leaving the rest 60% to continue the same mode of transport the w ...more
Answered by Omega, 07 Apr '11 02:58 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
2.

Yes , It is good for fast growing metros like Bangalore to bring metro transport or mass transit , this will enable to disburse the congestion of human and vehicle population on roads and getting in to clustering .It is deplorable to know that Bangalore, home to every sixth person in the state, witnessed an 11.59% jump in decadal growth rate, from 1991-2001 to 2001-11 . It is high time further strain on Bangalore metro with further swarming would deplete the quality of life . It is also very imperative to disburse the strains to rural areas and effective steps to evolve accommodative infrastructure and sanitation to save the city . There should be very effective steps to contain population explosion and influx or mass relentless migration sucking the health and peace of this metro and any other infested metros in our country . There need to be an emergent address to this problem and take up effective measures to save metros turning into dens of crimes and slums of lower existence .
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 07 Apr '11 06:21 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
3.

Yes in some places, But in west delhi no metro station (especially in Rohini) we have to deped other transport to reach home.
Answered by sankaran iyer, 07 Apr '11 02:29 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
4.

To a limited extent, it already has done that in some congested areas of west delhi and central delhi
Answered by rajan, 07 Apr '11 01:44 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
5.

To certain extent yes
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 07 Apr '11 03:15 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
6.

It will upto a limit...cause all the people cant afford to travel in metro
Answered by Shikha rocks, 07 Apr '11 01:44 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
7.

Yes it does
Answered by suppandi, 07 Apr '11 01:43 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining