Q.

Who is your favorite Indian writer and which is your favorite contribution by him/her?

Tags: education, indian, news & events
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 23 Sep '09 09:38 am

1.

Dear Muktha, I am not a man of literature but I have intense fervor to arts. It is the best medium to express our mind and unique thought process. Books are the best companion in life. They are silent & deep as ocean. They never mislead you. Books are the true guide and it brings the world so close to our retina.
I am in fact bewildered with your inquiry because it aims at the Indian writers only, not language. The list of the same will be inestimable. If you ask me who is your favorite singer , I will answer but with diplomacy because being a music lover and learner ,I can understand the potential of every musicians of this era .So, my conscience will not let me pick up a single name as every singer amazes us with their unique voice class. Similarly, here also I have a preference to be diplomatic. First let me mention a few Indian writers in English, whom I really adore since my childhood and have a good collection of their literature works. The first and the top among tens such w ...more
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 25 Sep '09 01:51 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

Bharathiar and Jeyakanthan . Bharathiar is , in my opinion the greatest poet India produced during the last 200 years. His dreams about the future India ( He wrote them around 30s) are coming true now. His "Kannan" an "kannamma" songs on Lord Krishna and Goddess
Parvathi, depicting them as his child, teacher, servant etc etc are master pi eces in poetry and you need to read them to cherish the nuances. His poems on patriotism are so moving it had electrified the hearts of the youth in the independent movement. His 'Panjali Sabatham' poem on Mahabharatha is lively with emotions and will move you close to the time and characters. His prose writing is also very noteworthy.
Answered by Lavanya, 11 Jan '10 07:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Munsi Premchand, A real writer who has changed my concept of thinking about the rural India.
Answered by ankit shivam, 23 Sep '09 09:41 am

(4)
 (0)
4.

Muktha, though it is a certain kind of question and you expect members to answer in singular manner, but as an ardent lover of literature, I feel it very difficult to discuss a particular one genius from our land and forget others in the process. If I say my favorite is Mulk Raj Anand, then does it mean am I to put aside Sarvarshri RK Narayan, Raja Rao, Toru Dutt, Anita Desai, Jhumpa Lahiri, Amitav Ghosh, Vikram Seth or even Salman Rushdie? No, if I do so, then it would be injustice to these masters who have won praises all over with their substantial contribution to the scene. All these have enriched our lives with their brilliant contribution to the world of literature. The parade of fine Indian writers is long and lengthening. Here, you can explore the interesting history of Indian writing in English, and also experience its various facets, as expressed in Indian English literature, plays and movies, and other media. (Remember, I am talking about persons from Indians writing in Eng ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 23 Sep '09 03:50 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Muktha,I used to enjoy Premchand's works.Nirmala was one of my favourite.I am a good fan of M.T Vasudevan Nair.I like not only his Novels,but also short sories and his other literary works,especially his yatra vivarnangal.
Answered by Rachana, 23 Sep '09 10:02 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

Kalki Krishnamuthi---Ponniyin Selvan!
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 23 Sep '09 09:45 am

(2)
 (0)
7.

APJ kalamji; wings of fire
Answered by AANEWS AGENCY, 23 Sep '09 09:41 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

There are many person whom i love to write. Even though I have not read Salman Roshdie or Arundhathi Roy, i think their writngs are as good as the other autor of repute, say R.K. Narayan, Mulk Raj Anand, Rabindanath Tagore, Anita Desai whom i like to read much. R.K. Narayan is one of my favourite who contributed immensely . The imaginary village Malgudi and from that how he has wooven his character is still a mystery and quite brilliant. He narrate the stories through his imaginary town , such as Swami and His friends, ( through the eyes of swaminathan , the child protogonist), The Snake Charmer, The man eater of Malgudi , Vender of Sweets , the Snake Charmer all are great. I think the other novel which inspired me is The Guide, the guide Raju and his closeness with Rosie, who want to be a dancer , their connection, their love briliiantly wooven and a magnum opus. Anita Desai's Clear light of the day, this story is taking place in the old Delhi middle class Hindu family. ...more
Answered by Gopal, 11 Jan '10 03:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I read and take delight in all the literature by OSHO and its beyond explanation the true virtues of all of his contributions.
Answered by sr sr sax, 11 Jan '10 12:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

R.K. Narayan and Khushwant Singh
Answered by nargis bhambi, 09 Nov '09 12:56 am

(1)
 (0)