Q.

UGC has proposed certain fiancial incentives for institutions & also hostel wardens to curb ragging. Mobile which was banned as was an hinderance to studies is allowed to be carried by students to be handy for ragging victims. IWhere is the student community heading?

Asked by MajorVLoganathan, 02 Apr '09 02:55 pm

1.

There is nothing new in UGC`s proposing such methods and it is absolutely part of its guidelines while sanctioning or declaring various kinds of grants to universities and affiliated colleges. Assuming ragging would stop merely on the strength of awarding incentives to principals of the institutions, hostel wardens or physical directors looking after sports activities, means we are living in fool`s paradise. Ragging is a curse to the education system and what we need is stern action with the active participation of law forces. You just cannot imagine a single principal or warden would see him capable of curbing the practice simply because UGC is going to shower upon him with monetary remuneration. I myself have been with students` activities and believe me if I say that this ragging is mostly seen in medical and engineering and similar degree courses. Ratio is significant. If you study 10 cases of ragging in a particular month, you will unable to find more than a single case in under-g ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 03 Apr '09 10:33 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Yes,ragging seems to be down
in last 3-4 years
Answered by anil garg, 16 Jun '13 09:17 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Ask their political bosses whose blessings are there for such hynous crimes.
Answered by UNNIKRISHNA RAMAN, 02 Apr '09 02:57 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

What can be done.... Media now have people with selfishness and want to achieve their personal goals rather than enlightening, educating public for be..more

Answered by Nags