One white man said, TODAY Indians dont have self respect. They r all 'copy cats'. He cited the following examples for what we borrowed from west:
a. Numerals (1,2, 3 etc.,)
b. Language (English)
c. Attire (dress) (Pants, Shirts, Jeans, etc.,)
d. Nuclear family system
f. Calender (Jan-Dec system)
g. Governance Structure (Constitution based largely on UK)
h. Medical system (Allopathy)
i. Nuclear technology
And now, even days such as New Yr, Vln' day, etc.
When I tried to convince him, he asked me not to brag abt what we were 1000 yrs ago. Tell me what you are N
b. English is favoured in India because of our regional idiots. People living in certain states (don't want 2 name them to avoid flaming controversy) are quick to jump & say "DiE HINDI" but then embrace English full heartedly. Us not having a national language is a result of regionalism with respect to local languages here.
c. Getting an Indian dress stitched is hard. Only very few shops offer readymades. Mostly, you have to get the dress material & have it made yourself. Most are too lazy to do that nowadays, which is why Western clothing dominate. Finding a good pair of jeans & T for me is easier than finding a good kurta pijama set.
d. Nuclear family system is the byproduct of COSMOPOLITANISM AND URBANIZATION. Even in ultra isolated North Korea, in cities, you have nuclear families.
e. Computers are a universal technology. Japan uses them, and I can assure you ...more
1) 3rd Largest Army.
2) Software Masterminds.
3) Technologicaly Superior to others.
History of numerals are traced through the civilisations of the Ancient worlds: Babylonian, Egyptian, Maya, Chinese, Roman, Indian and Arab. The first written records of having used the concept of zero was by Aryabhatta, the Indian Mathematician. The first written record of having used the concept of division by zero (infinity) was by Brahmagupta, the Indian mathematician and philosopher. Definietely not by Americans. Ask him to read this book The History of Numerals Through Civilisations - Histoire des chiffres travers les civilisations (Perfect Paperback)
by Sayadi Oussama (Author)
About English: English is a West Germanic language which originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain by Germanic settlers from various parts of what is now northwest Germany and the northern Netherlands.
Refer: 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wik ...more
let the dog barks who cares?
2) Medical system (Allopathy) - Ayurvedic is also being practiced in other countries. But, again nothing wrong as it is for the betterment.
3) Nuclear family system - It is the need of the hour. It is not that we r following but we cannot afford to hav more children becuase of the time and money that it requires.
4) Governance Structure (Constitution based largely on UK) - Britishers ruled India. so thats why we hav the Goverance structure similar to theirs. Why re invent the wheel. Always take the best out of what is available and move forward.
5) Attire (dress) (Pants, Shirts, Jeans, etc.,) - This is the dress which is comfortable. Had we stuck to the old dress then the same person wud hav said that these people never change/adapt.
6) Computers - U cannot think of life without computers. Here we hav a point that even though we hav copied we hav made them relian ...more