Q.

Who is bashing up whom in whatever form it may be & who is driving the other mad to the point of extreme steps?

Read this & answer - Statistics released by National Crime Records Bureau says, the no. of married men who committed suicide was a tragic 1,07,935 as against the less alarming number of 58,067 married women.

In continuation to the previous Qn, please express your views - who is more heartless & calling the shots inspite of an equally alarming increase in crimes against women, confined more to rural where as the former is indicative of an urban trend?

Sharpen ur knives!!!!!!

Asked by Omega, 08 Dec '08 08:00 pm

1.

I have a kukri with me, you know the kind the Gorkha soldiers of the British Army carry?
With it i want to chop off the head of all men who say that the male is the persecuted sex in India. Today, yes today, a young woman , married just 4 months ago was thrown out of her home by her husband. This happened in the next building to ours, in the morning as we were going off to work. Now at 8 pm she is still sitting outside waiting for her husband to come home and she hopes he will take her in, I suppose. She has had neither had any food nor drunk water. She says her husband has thrown her out, because he wants to marry again. She does not want to go home , because she is afraid for ridicule. She cannot live alone because she is scared and not confident enough. So who is calling the shots ?????? Even in urban India, even in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai..you see how women are being exploited. In Mumbai's posh Cuffe Parade a rich man has told his wife of 30 years that he will look after her ...more
Answered by joyoti sen, 08 Dec '08 08:34 pm

(10)
 (18)
2.

If the given figures are true and number of men committing suicide is more than that of women then it needn't be due to marital discord or due to marriage related problems. For examples we hear so many farmers commit suicide. If men are unable to prove themselves to be a good provider, if they are unable to fend for themselves and fend their families they commit suicide. A woman jumped out of a running train after her child who had fallen off. This was something unique only woman can do. The point is both have a different reason to kill themselves. Failing in love is one of the common reason. I have yet to come across a case where a man has committed suicide because he was oppressed by a woman. If he is cheated and crushed then this could be one of the reason. Women generally do not commit suicide if their men go after other women. On the other hand they stand up and fight and struggle to survive. Just a thought. Others might have better explanation then this.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 12 Dec '08 07:21 am

(2)
 (0)

3.

The main reasons that drove these men towards suicide were family problems and matrimonial disputes.
Men have extra responsibilities like looking after the families. They first of all do not express themselves and bottle up everything. When their wives too do not support, they feel that they have no one and are alone. This drives them to suicide
Men make friends with whom they can hang out, and women make friends with whom they can share their feelings. "Women are socialized to have more friends, deeper friendships, and so on. Men are socialized differently, to be macho, and do not have much deeper friendships. So when woman is in dpresssion state , women have more of a social support network."
"Men tend not to talk to their male friends that easily about personal problems in their lives,And, they also tend not to go to their primary care physicians as easily as women for anything or seek psychiatric help of any kind. The result can be a very scary sense of isolation.
===

Answered by Ashish jain, 09 Dec '08 03:15 am

(14)
 (4)
4.

This is the true figure sir. The most humiliating section in this world is male only. In a married life emotionally and physically, the loser is male only. The world cries for physical torture and harassment of woman, but I would like to say that in a married life the most humiliated section is male only. If one woman will cry in a road, then 100 men will come to save or support her. But if a male is in danger, nobody will look into the matter. Recently one of my friend told me dat 80% divorce cases are fake and fabricated by the advocates. And 90% initiative took by woman only. Men are most sensitive than woman. Men are more delicate than woman. In a family, a father is a loser. Because he is busy to earn the bread for the family. The children see mothers struggle, they see her emotions, they see her comfort. In that fathers all efforts and feelings are overshaded by the mother. Because she given them the birth. Our poets and literates exaggurated mother, same time only given place fo ...more
Answered by peekay first, 08 Dec '08 09:03 pm

(21)
 (5)
5.

Statistics are always not correct. Married men who commit suicide can not blame their women for that. Men take more responsibilities and have multiple reasons to commit sucide..And not just his wife. Husbands I can say are least worried about their wives in India. The majority of people who ill treat their lady are alarmingly high worldwide. As PK pointed out and advocated for men, I would say that women are more victimized in a family....some husband cheat their simple wife... I don't afraid of any KURKI and really am neither frightened of Joyoti Sen but still in this advanced age, women suffer a lot due to men. Sometimes things go other ways , I agree. We also can not generalize the plight of Indian women by the example JS has given. The world is full of sorrow. ----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------- ...more
Answered by ankit shivam, 09 Dec '08 02:36 pm

(13)
 (15)
6.

The question is not who is bashing whom or driving whom to the extreme steps...it is who is adapting faster to the changing scenario.

All these years, women were confined to the home and they didnt know a world existed outside...their pati was their devta and the women were content to live in the shadows of the patidev and the men also took that women were born to serve men and ill-treated them in many ways...... Now the time has changed.....women have more exposure the world...they have woken up to their rights and are independent financially and are becoming more and more assertive in their demands which the men are unable to cope with.
Answered by sumitha, 09 Dec '08 12:57 am

(12)
 (6)
7.

I personally feel that we,men need not cry for this because the world is by default dominated by males and the sysytem that works is also instituted by men. The statistics does not speak about the numbers but the percentage.Percentage can never give the number of women going up in fumes for dowry or the number of men committing suicide due to domestic problems.Women die due to emotional reasons whereas often men commit suicide due to a variety of reasons which includes unemployment.
This argument does not mean that men are not penalised.Men are also subject to emotional trauma resulting out of marital life and there are women who take them to court for settling some issues.I firmly believe that crime against women cannot be compared to the suicides committed by men.Urban life puts lot of social stress to succeed on men which makes them take the extreme step.Then to be a man has it's own privileges and rights .Let us have it and be strong too:-)))))
Answered by vinod, 09 Dec '08 10:39 pm

(4)
 (6)
8.

The point is - A mental paradigm. Men are committing suicide, not necessarily because of women, but that is also a fact that in the name of freedom, some women can not negate their responsibilities towards their families.
Now when I talk about the responsibilities, it is not only - "What we must do", but also. "What we must not do". Not that all the men are straight blemishless angels, but women are no better either. As you have good and bad men, you have good and bad women too. Then why should only "Men" be blamed? Gone are the days, when a mother-in-law would torture the daughter-in-law for not giving a son. In fact, the "birth of the son" was merely a facade then and it is so now. The fact is it was a "Power Struggle" between two women (MIL and DIL) and "birth of a son/heir to the throne/vansh" was merely a tool to disparage the enemy in a war.
Women want their wishes to be respected. Well. How many women wish to respect the wishes of the men?
Answered by manish varma, 10 Dec '08 06:41 am

(5)
 (3)
9.

Alrighty Comrade Capitan. I ain't sharpenin' me knife. I am pulling out the bloody RPG :)

No matter gender social fashion enthusiasts argue, in India, guys are put thru a lot more expectation & societal pressure and stress than are girls. In a married life, a guy's (or gal's) professional life surely plays a huge part.

Even in my own simple little cooperative in Bandhs'R'Us (Kerala), if a guy tells me "I need some leave" unless it's a death of a family member, or an extremely dire emergency...it's not granted. You got to be a lot more flexible w/a girl, unless you want a ton of NGOs going hot on your tail. If a guy said "my wife is a bit sick, I need to take her to hospital", and I say "no comrade, the shipment schedule must be met, but I will arrange auto for ur Mom" he has to take that as a response and carry on w/ his work. Try that on a female, and you'll be branded as an abuser of equal rights & as a female oppressor & as a "barbarian who is so harsh even on a female." But ...more
Answered by A Moin, 09 Dec '08 11:56 pm

(3)
 (2)
10.

Well, my first take on this question would be like........ I don't believe in such statistics, there is another picture too which we notice much more than this.Few members here have already have answered this question quite comprehensibly and there is no point in writing the same once again. I knew it well that the intention if asking the question is not to make a judgement or prove something........... As Ankit, A.Moin and few others have already said that there are so many other factors too, much more important than the female bashing, playing vital role in the large no of lives being lossed unnaturally. If I say, men are not potent enough to stand against worldly stress and they are much more sensitive than other the sex.Its also equally acceptable that We, the Indians have been conservative since ages.I was not surprised after reading the example Mrs. Sen gave in her answer.For a country were the national leaders use to project 'Sati Pratha' as a godly ritual and use to project tha ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 10 Dec '08 03:02 pm

(3)
 (1)

Q.

Vimal Singh, 41, is a consultant and mentor to many corporates and individuals and is the grandson of three times Parliamentarian Singhasan Singh from..more

Answered by Pardeep Kapoor