Q.

Do we have inner voice for singing and normal voice for talking? I can sing good in my inner voice, but range is very low and I feel strain to sing, how to increase the range. My normal voice, I don't think is soundable for singing, can it be changed or both the voices can be combined ?

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by Sneha Dabholkar, 01 Apr '10 12:01 pm

1.

Dear Sneha, I wish to hear you to give you proper the answer. Please note that every singer cant have equal range. What is range in music? Range is the ability of creating vibration and every vocal chord cant produce desired vibration. You have to know one thing that singing in high range is not the main thing but to maintain melody and the tempo. for example Nusrat fateh ali khan could travel higher than highest octave available in a organ but Jagjit sing ,the ghazal singer is much more soulful even being on lower register. One more thing you have to note that, it is the micro phonic era, so one need not sing loud .dont be worried about range as it is not the most important factor. Rather think that how you can render your best within your range. Falsetto is not much easy for untrained singer. Whatever you do in music you need to have very good practice. Using false voice for higher octave is not allowed in Indian music, it is the common characteristic of western music followers. If y ...more
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 02 Apr '10 01:44 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Yes
Answered by conviction, 22 Mar '13 07:03 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Singing with our normal voice is always good and pleasing to hear.and u can use ur fake voice in higher octaves[that too only if needed] constant practice is the only solution to get a high voice.
Answered by magi, 01 Apr '10 12:47 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

See singing is an art and profession to be learnt too. Im not sure about your voice so I cannot comment - but if you want to take up singing you need to learn and get trained in basic music and its use - particularly Shastriya Sangeet - and for any music you have to learn under a Guruji.
Yes there can be differences between normal voice and voice used while talking - this is natural nothing to worrry and there will be some similarities too. Another things is you need to practice singing aloud without hessitation - not all people have this - some hessitation or concern blocks us and we either sing too soft or shout - maintaining good voice pitch and throw comes with a lot of practice. Even leading singers in industry do a lot of reharsals before going for the recording - This is not like something that can be done right first time like switcing on a fan or light. This requires lot of reharsals then you need to know which words to stress upon, how to render the first line, then how t ...more
Answered by NASAman, 01 Apr '10 12:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

I guess you must a bathroom singer...so consult with a good music director
Answered by uni, 01 Apr '10 12:03 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.