Q.

An article "Society does not allow unwell dog to use lift" Its hard to believe how people can be so cruel to innocent animals. There are many people around us who are old, sick and dirty. Does that mean they should not be allowed to live among us? We need to learn from pets that display unconditional compassion - not only towards their own kind, but towards other species as well. Isnt it?? Your views please??

Asked by cyrus irani, 13 Sep '08 12:35 pm

1.

I am so happy to learn your bold perception, only people can think like you those are blessed by god for good sence
Answered by DIGBIJOY ROY, 13 Sep '08 03:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

True.There is a legislation called Cruelity Towards Animals Act,in which punishment is prescribed for a person perpetuating Cruetlty on animals(pets).Neverthless,Society does mean prohibition for a sick dog,it mustr be meant for a Diseased DOG.A 'sick dog" (or mad dog) cannot be equated with a sick human being as the former "bites" & dog bites can sometimes exercise telling effect on the person bitten by a a sick dog soi much so that rabbies can cause fatal effects.But in the case of latter,no sucj apprehgension cxan be entertained.
In spite of all this if there is a certificate from a VAS that the dog does not suffer from a contagious or similar disease there should be no prohibition to carry the pet through a Lift.I have not read the article referred to in your qn,therefore my answer may be hypothetical & yet I have tried to make it more scientific rather than imaginary.
Let us not forget that the HUMAN LIFE is more precious than any other life.
Answered by dev kapoor, 13 Sep '08 12:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Cyrus, I beg to differ. Some of us are compassionate enough to gell with other species trouble. Some of us are compassionate of our species. Some are compassionate to none.
I don't find it wrong, if one objected a pet to use lift. A sick pet may carry several other virus which may affect a human, who use the lift most. It was not that dog was denied lift use, it was a precautionary measure for humans. By the way, I have hardly seen any body carrying a sick beggar anywhere. A dog is far fetched reason to be compassionate about.
Please forgive, if any comment here in seems rude. It is for practical purpose only.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 13 Sep '08 12:42 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Till now, Mumbai was the only crematorium for pets in India. Now, Banglore becomes the second city in India to get animal crematorium for Rs 1 crore. ..more

Answered by Anvin Raj