Q.

Again , I ask the question ' Do you believe that Indian students in Australia are at risk"?

I know many such students in my country (Australia) and noine have expressed any concerns about their physical welfare.

Do you think that the Indian media is 'beating up' the issue/

Tags: australia, education, students
Asked by Michael Gamble, 12 Feb '10 09:52 am

1.

Australian PM has admitted that there are some racist people who indulge in the acts of attacking Indian students .
Yes I do believe that Indian students in Australia are at risk for sure.
Answered by BeHappy, 12 Feb '10 10:09 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

I am shocked reading your question. For you, may be it is not a serious issue because no one in your family have have fallen prey to the violence. Nitin Garg, 21, from Punjab, was stabbed to death at a fast-food outlet in Melbourne. Drunk and carrying wooden planks ripped up from a nearby bus stop seat, the seven youths raided the Impex shop in Sunshine yelling "are you Indian?" Indian student Sukhraj Singh, 28, was in a coma for 15 days and will suffer the effects of a severe acquired brain injury for the rest of his life after being beaten during the assault. He and three friends were attacked by about 15 people. Mr. Kanan Kharbanda, 26 Accounting student from Amritsar who had been in Australia five months when he was attacked by about 10 people at Sunshine railway station. Now blind in right eye. Mr. Mukesh Haikerwal, 47 Doctor and former head of the Australian Medical Association attacked with a baseball bat in Williamstown Park last September. Needed emergency surgery to remove b ...more
Answered by sumati gayki, 12 Feb '10 10:09 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes they indeed are
Answered by madhavi, 12 Feb '10 10:01 am

(0)
 (1)
4.

Yes you r right. first of all i would like to say , why indian people are going there for studying. most of the people not for stuyding only for money
Answered by LADYDON, 12 Feb '10 09:54 am

(0)
 (1)