Q.

What is the difference between members having only few thousands as score and others having more than five lacs as score. Are not the latters far superior ans wise?

Tags: relationships, education, score
Asked by soumyen sarkar, 19 Aug '09 10:35 pm

1.

What you have done is compare comparative quality with huge quantity. To me quality is far more important than quantity. I have known people who started out with me reaching the six figure mark with answers of mostly yes and no and some 3 or 4 word replies. People see through them.
Tell me, if this was a forum on Physics and I had joined this 6 years ago and earned 200000+ points. Would I any way compare with J C Bose or a budding Einstein who joined just a month ago and has only 2000 points? To be able to discern a good answer from a great answer and from sheer quantity to quality is the task of the members of this forum. I would judge on the type of weightage that the answers by themselves command in universe of answers as the final mark of so called superiority.,
Answered by Satish Kamath, 20 Aug '09 09:35 am

(3)
 (0)
2.

There are 15 honorable members in the HOF who scored more than 5 Lakh points. They are all much more seniors for me and well experienced in asking questions and giving answers.
Based on the rank they got here they are superiors irrespective of their age. They are wise enough to sustain in their rank. Their devotion and patience are really adorable.
Coming to the next point--- are not the latter far superior than them?--is your question.
Am I wise enough to judge others? How to judge everyones wisdom?
What is wisdom?
Various people have pointed to the progression of data to information to knowledge.
Variations in patterns of data gives rise to information. Information from different situations is generalized into knowledge.
Continuing the progression suggests that something derived from knowledge leads to the emergence of a new level, what we call wisdom.
But what is it that knowledge gives us that takes us beyond knowledge?
Answered by anantharaman, 20 Aug '09 09:04 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

No - members with more than 5 lacs score are not necessarily superior or wise. A score is only indicative of either how long the person has been a member of the forum or of how many hours they have spent on the forum. The wisest person here may have only a few hundred points - who can say !!
Answered by Janis, 19 Aug '09 10:51 pm

(2)
 (0)

4.

It is not so that the person who has scored more points is more intelligent too. But in a forum like this people who are honoured by other members think that they are the only superiors here. Everyone is intelligent and no one thinks himself a fool. I know many experts in the past who were more active till they were honoured as EXPERTS and as soon as their name was withdrawn, they quit this forum. It clearly indicates that they were here hust not to participate in this forum but to be respected as intelligent. Thats a total illusion on their parts. They were just an ordinary brains. Similarly, I will not be surprised if the present experts dispappear when they are no more experts. My point is everyone is expert here in their field. How come a person be expert in answering all kinds of question. When these experts were ordinary members in this forum, they used to be more polite and friendly. But now they behave like Gods. I hate this.
Answered by ankit shivam, 20 Aug '09 11:08 am

(3)
 (0)
5.

If I work 24 hours on QNA, answering all questions with "Yes" or " No", in due course I will be the most superior person here. Can you deny this fact ?
Answered by santosh kumar, 20 Aug '09 10:44 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

The person who had been on this forum for two or three years and he spends some time regularly on forum is bound to gather points. Earlier, we could score more points because members used to earn points for asking questions, giving BA votes and useful and not useful votes as well. Then there was fast tracker system in which you could earn two points extra on each answer. Now it is difficult to score because you earn only for answering and by way of BA votes. Besides, scoring of points is no criteria to know who is superior or who is inferior. You would earn 10 points even if you put full stop and press submit button. The one who writes merely yes or no and the one who writes 4000 characters score same number of points. Then there have been unscrupulous persons who have been earning more points by giving BA votes to themselves through another duplicate ids, or by forming a nexus in which people give BA votes to each other. The main thing is we come here not to tax our brains but to rela ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 19 Aug '09 11:35 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Nothing soumyen ji. Please do not go behind score. Recognize the quality. Many scored with yes or no type answers. :) Never consider BA or Score as the recognition of knowledge or personality. Its my request. :) Please concenterate on your qualities other than scores. That is undefeatable. Best of luck Soumyen ji :) No need gallons of amrut to prove its result. A drop is sufficient. :D
Answered by peekay first, 19 Aug '09 11:21 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

I agree
Answered by madhavi, 19 Aug '09 10:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

As that lies between a veteran player and the new comer
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 23 Aug '09 03:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

The ifference is that the person with a higher score has spent more time on qna. it doesn't mean they are superioe in any way.
Answered by nargis bhambi, 23 Aug '09 04:29 am

(1)
 (0)