Q.

I am shocked to see Konkona Sen Sharma's new avatar on the cover of OK! Dressed in an olive green cape, the glowing mom appears looking down at her belly smiling tenderly. She is the first Indian actress appeared in this avatar(disgusting), flaunted her baby bumps proudly. Konkana has right to do as she wish, but it should be in line. Plz. Comment (no offensive /vulgar answers plz.)

Tags: money, relationships, comment
Asked by sumati gayki, 23 Apr '11 04:09 pm

1.

I do not know what you find disgusting. Is it that an actreess is appearing in a photo while pregnant. Or is it the fact that no other Indian actress has appeared in such a photo before this. If you find a photo of a pregnat lady as out of line , then i wonder what is withing your line. The birth of a child is the most beautiful moment one can ever hope for.

I think Major saab has put it very aptly. STOP JUDGING , is what he says. I fin d a very strong confirmation bias in rediff QnA.
Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 27 May '11 08:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I gathered the following from it :-
1. Konkona Sen is a good mother that she gave up drinking & smoking for the sake
of her child when it was in her womb.
2. She has also influenced her spouse Ranvir to give up drinks & smoke.
3. She enjoyed the MOTHERHOOD giving an encouragement to modern girls turning mothers.
4. That the couple named their son as HAROON mean HOPE. Their HOPE..

Let us stop JUDGING, when judgement comes, LOVE departs. Also the negativity in us see the
negativity in others.. So let us see only positive aspects which make us happy, healthy...
HAPPY EASTER...
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 24 Apr '11 09:59 am

(4)
 (0)
3.

What they discard in the west ,we accept them greedily without thinking the pros and cons of it .This trend is applicable for all most all the walks of Indian society---be it fashion ,be it custom ,be it manners .Such a harmful copy-cat attitude is heavily telling upon our age old tradition and culture .Konkona Sen sharma"s
revelation stands to justify that .It is now universally acknowledged that children bear the legacy of family culture and tradition .The gentle lady ,SUMATIJI, you mentioned about is just carrying the cultural flag and heritage of her family,specially mom whose first husband committed suicide.As I consider it my below dignity to discuss someone"s personal life, I WOULD DRAW A LINE HERE to deliberate about her.However I myself not being a conservative,I always want to see Indian women in the front line always
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 27 May '11 05:58 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

It is what is fetching a good market.
Answered by Ravinder Pandita, 20 May '11 05:51 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

While Konkona Sen Sharma brushes off such complains made against her and says that she is open to all kinds of good films, it is her wicked character in her latest release Mirch that the actress would love to portray on-screen again. Though many within the film industry would refrain from performing in a film that is sexually explicit, Konkona Sen Sharma wants more such roles to come her way. In a statement to the media, the Bengali and Hindi film actress says that such kind of characters pose a challenge to her as it has not often been portrayed on the Bollywood screen. And, this very attitude of hers paves way to new avtars, dear :-)
Answered by Dil Se, 24 Apr '11 03:16 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

She is an actress . people in such profession grace front covers of magazines and newspapers. she posing for the coverpage of a mag in particular fashion does sound weird from the indian outlook. but she is getting paid for it ..and at the end of she smiling all the way to the bank , because evrybody right from those who dont like her films to the ppl who like her films..to the ppl hu are publicising it are goin to have a look at the coverpage !
Answered by maya, 23 Apr '11 07:39 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

If u got it, flaunt it.

If ur good in negotiation, flaunt it by entering business.
If ur good in creativity, flaunt it by creating the next best art masterpiece.
If ur good in science, flaunt it by inventing the next generation source of fuel.
If ur good in physique- similarly- flaunt it in front of the silver screen!

U should remember that when actresses cross their prime, they are regarded as useless and they don't get 401k plans or pensions. Thus in their prime they need 2 turn every chapter possible in order to secure their financials for the future.
Answered by A Moin, 23 Apr '11 07:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

At the outset, I have to confess that I haven't had an opportunity to view that spectacle. I should also admit to the fact that I don't know a thing called OK exist. Forgive my ignorance. But I am sure it would have made no difference to the world at large whether I have noticed a thing like that or not, I am also not sure that not viewing the same is my misfortune except for the fact that if had I viewed it, I would have tried my level best to answer your query more objectively. In that context, not viewing that pic is my misfortune. But what comes to mind immediately after seeing the question is a scene from the film " Dr. Zhivago" where Geraldine Chaplin shows her full family way status to Omar Shariff (Dr. Zhivago) who had just picked up his over coat to go out to see his mistress. She takes his hand and puts it on the stomach. It is one of the most unforgettable scene in an eminently forgettable film.
Answered by Chandra sekhar Krishnan, 01 Aug '11 02:21 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Typified westernisation wherein nudity is accepted
Answered by Raghavendra Presendra Sinha, 01 Jun '11 06:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

As requsted (in msg box) by you to answer your question , iam not good in letters, so i agree with sir, Arakuza Ramchandran. a good reply.
Answered by sharad sharad, 24 Apr '11 09:31 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Mirch Masala !!; ))..more

Answered by Raj