Q.

How immune are you to Fear? How do you handle it if at all it takes over you plz?

Tags: relationships, careers, fear
Asked by Anu, 15 Dec '11 08:04 pm

1.

Fear kills all your happiness, once you allow it to take over you and rule your mind. Fear is just an obstacle in your path of becoming a joyous, radiating and powerful person. Everything is easy to do if you know how to do it, it's the same with overcoming fear. Ending the state of fear ends the state of fear. Logically, to overcome your fear, you have to be aware of its' existence first. Think of everything you must or can't do. Give a definition of yourself and examine it. You can probably find some limits implied by it. It's easy to overcome a situation in which you feel you are powerless or not worthy enough, because of fear. You are powerful and worthy. Know you are powerful and there's no stopping you, Anu :-)
Answered by Dil Se, 15 Dec '11 08:49 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

The biggest fear I had in my life was losing my father --------- I have already overcome that.
Even now I fear a lot . I fear a lot of things.
Answered by deepa, 15 Dec '11 08:36 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

A woman who feels no fear is teaching scientists about the connections between our brains and our behaviors, and offering hope for people whose lives are destroyed by trauma.

In a new study, researchers exposed the unusual woman -- well known to science as SM -- to as many scary situations they could come up with. From an infamously fright-filled haunted house to the spider section of a pet store, SM, who completely lacks a brain structure called the amygdala, failed to show any signs of being afraid.

Instead, she held a snake, pet its scales and touched its tongue. She enjoyed intensely scary horror movies like they were thrilling but fun roller coaster rides. And she revealed through her stories and her diary a lifetime of behaviors that would strike most people as odd and qualify, by all standards, as dangerous.

Source: google search
Answered by anil garg, 15 Dec '11 08:35 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

My only fear in life is loosing my dear ones...otherwise i am totally immune to rest of fears in life....
There is no remedy for it but Assurance from my dear ones saying ALL IS WELL always makes me comfortable.... ( One such prof also gave me such assurance which made me feel like i am walking on the clouds !!!!)
Answered by Jagdeesh Patil, 15 Dec '11 08:23 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Not immune to fears at all as being a human ...if i feel some thing is fearing me i will go for it before that ...take suggestion from experienced ppl elders ..check the dos and don't think over it for days check the flow of wind ..and finally go for it...
Answered by Jazz, 15 Dec '11 08:20 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

No immunity at all. I need some antibody to fight fear. The biggest fear is falling prey to temptation of easy solutions which is nothing but short-sightedness. The second fear is that most of the time commonsense deserts me quite often leaving me in uncommon situations. Third fear is the effect loosing my cool. Fourth fear is thinking more than necessary and unnecessarily creating heavy weather. Fifth fear is the consequence of inability to say NO or not remaining firm in my decision in the face of nagging requests.

The solution is not known to me. The people of Maoists affected areas or in the Middle East have learnt to put up with dreadful living condition. So why do not I bear these things fears which are petty little things in the bigger picture.?
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 15 Dec '11 08:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

I think no one is immune to fear. But it is also true that some fears have some basis/foundation/reasons, where as some are imaginary. So lots of introspection is needed to handle this negative human emotion.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 15 Dec '11 08:13 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

Not at all
Answered by conviction, 15 Dec '11 08:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Right from childhood, my parents have encouraged me to remain fearless. My father used to say fear is the main cause for doing wrongs. In fact, instead of God fearing, my parents asked me to be God loving. As a result, in our big family of 7 sisters and 3 brothers, we never feared our parents and opinions were expressed freely. Where there is true love, honesty, fear takes a back seat. Only when one does bad deeds intentionally, then fear creeps in. It is a tragedy that many force their children to fear everything including God.
Answered by M Shankar, 19 Dec '11 03:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Not at all immune to fear. I have all the ordinary fears that beset most of us from time to time .... some times a fear for the future, some times a fear for what it will be when we get old, that fear that whatever we are able to do today, the agility, the sprightliness may all be gone, the fear of being laid low and incapable by some thing striking me down ...

Otherwise, all the other fears have to do with what happens to us on a day to day basis ... what might happen in a given situation, what if so and so turns out another way than we thought of. If that fear is there, there is really no way to exorcise it. May be, the support that comes from the loved ones gives us better courage and even a means to be distracted ...

Answered by Omega, 16 Dec '11 08:47 pm

(1)
 (0)