Q.

How perfect is perfection? a monkey too falls off the tree at times...how much of a perfectionist are you?

Asked by shintsie, 13 Apr '09 09:14 am

1.

Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect.

One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car (a Grand Caravan) along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help.

There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle. Soon they were driving along delivering the toys.

Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident.

Answered by anantharaman, 13 Apr '09 04:51 pm

(2)
 (1)

2.

Perfection in my perception is a bit relative term. We see the benchmarks, mark them for us and try to reach them. They may not be perfect though when seen from other pair of mental eyes. We follow great people, our idols and try to match our thoughts and deeds with them or at least try to reach there. They too may not be perfect. So its our success in the path of being perfectionist in identifying the best qualities from the best people and strive to embrace them. And with this relative degree, only the Almighty in His immortal form is perfect as there were fingers raised to His incarnations as a human being.
Answered by sanjay sharma, 13 Apr '09 03:26 pm

(2)
 (1)
3.

I WAS BORN a perfectionist basically....one who wanted things picture-perfect...one whose fingers itched (even while visiting others) to straighten the picture on their wall......one who ensured that ALL the margins drawn in the notebooks while at school had the SAME width throughout.....!!!!!! But with the passage of time i realised that i was losing out on precious time and that there is no standing ovation for perfectionists. Rather, we are discontented MOST of the time. THAT realisation has made me more PRACTICAL now.... I STILL aim for prefection but within reasonable limits....i finish tasks much faster....however, i STILL straighten out chairs (or anything thats NOT geometrically correct)
Answered by Lion Heart, 13 Apr '09 01:04 pm

(4)
 (2)
4.

So sorry to hear about the fall, is it aching? No issues it happens to so called perfectonist too :-))
Answered by FriendsRfriends, 13 Apr '09 09:17 am

(2)
 (3)
5.

Perfection can nver be completely perfect....here d law of deminishing utility doesnt apply.......even after seeing d beautiful archtect of Howrah bridge , being built so many years back..we end up d last step thinking :baki to sab thik hai, par bridge gadiyon se thodi hilti hai ....just try to do things in d best possible manner...and that too ,to convince myself that no stones remained unturned in my efforts...bcoz u need to get urself convinced n satisfied wid ur efforts.... recognition n appreciation of Statue of Liberty is done by people in general , its not in our hands...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 13 Apr '09 02:45 pm

(2)
 (1)
6.

I keep striving and trying, knowing very well that I will never be perfect .. but I call it job of \"Fighter\" and not winners .. and I feel satisfied for all the efforts I make and results help me to go ahead and continue this fight .. as they say \" we are not saints but we try to be spritually perfect and keep improving.\"
Answered by amritkaur renu, 14 Apr '09 09:18 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

I believe in using my talents that I possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.

I believe in putting best effort and excellence.....PERFECTION ONLY COMES BY THE GRACE OF GOD...

I do believe, No one is perfect... that\'s why pencils have erasers. ...There are no perfect human in this world, only perfect intentions...
Answered by saumen ganguli, 14 Apr '09 11:23 am

(1)
 (1)
8.

ShintZ, I dont think can be a ever a perfectionist because I dont know exactly what is the limit of being a perfectionist. I felt a perfectionist loses opportunities, priviledges, time ,fun , enjoyment just utlising every effort to become a perfectionist. After all does he gain a perfect life, a content life ,time or appretiation always inspite of taking so much of efforts.Then why a person has to try to become a perfectionist .Why not try to become a pratically happy person and enjoy life in a normal way. What makes difference if a comb is little away from its right place or if the shoe is sometimes under the table instead of being placed in the shoe rack. A perfectionist\'s things will be always in the right place because he must be utilising all his time to place things in the right place but doing and thinking nothing else.
Answered by Rachana, 13 Apr '09 11:22 pm

(1)
 (1)
9.

To look for perfection is a sure shot way of getting into trouble. Have u seen a perfect wife or a perfect husband. What about a perfect job or a perfect friend. I am not a perfectionist but look for a reasonably satisfactory result or relationship. That way I am able to take life\'s small dissapointments in my stride.
Answered by raja ray, 13 Apr '09 11:03 pm

(1)
 (1)
10.

Official requirements turned me towards perfection. When we achieve it in work, it is enjoyable. But if applied to life, it tastes bitter.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 13 Apr '09 09:43 pm

(1)
 (1)

Q.

Poughkeepsie sits at the junction of the north-south US 9 and east-west US 44 and NY 55 highways.Commuter service to New York City is available by tra..more

Answered by shona nair