Q.

Are you brand-conscious? Will you compromise quality for price or quantity? Which is your favorite brand for readymades, accessories, gadgets, etc.?

Tags: money, electronics, technology
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 02 Dec '09 02:09 pm

1.

Some products are too unaffordable for me and I resist my longing for that it as purchasing it would make a huge dent in my income. So I have to purchase a non- branded product then. And some branded products are just expensive just because of the brand tag attached to it. This is especially true in the context of garments. But that does not mean that I do not love brands.I do go for them within the limits of my income.
Here goes my list of favourite brands

Readymades---Levi's (my son is mad about the pair of original rivetted jeans I gifted him during Durga Puja), Levi's Sykes, Ginny and Johnny, Cat Moss.
Accessories---Hidesign bags, Adidas/Nike/Reebok shoes, Tissot watches
Cellphone---Nokia ( I never even think about any other brand here)
Detergent powder---Surf
Milk---Amul Taaza, Nestle Milk
Butter---Amul
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 04 Dec '09 02:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I always go for quality products and ignore quantity ! But I feel perplexed when I see competition between two brand products while I go to purchase any item. Dilemma arises only at that time.
Answered by ashis, 03 Dec '09 01:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

There was a time when you had so little choices when it came to selection of clothes or electronic items or gadgets or accessories. Today the problem is one of plenty and the confusion that follows when you are faced with an array of choices. Quality wise, they are superb and as good as the other with only very minor differences. Finally, it comes down to only some specific colours or features or add-ons that one may be looking for as one makes the final selection.

Now, there are parts to this Qn.

Are you brand conscious? Yes, I am to a great extent mainly when it comes to clothes - trousers, jeans and shirts.

Answered by Omega, 03 Dec '09 12:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

No, I am not brand cautious, i buy a good quality product irrespective of brand name.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 03 Dec '09 09:40 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

I am not much brand conscious, but I like quality goods. If a non branded thing looks good,works good, and I can save considerably, I will not hesitate to buy it. Yet I believe in the guarantee. If non branded goods are not covered with a guarantee, I will not prefer them. I do not like to repent after the purchase.. In apparels, I prefer Pantaloons, In electronics Sony, LG, In household and toiletories Unilever, In mechanicals good company goods, In computer Compaq etc..
Answered by subhash, 02 Dec '09 09:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I pay more attention to overall value proposition, not necessarily brand. When it comes to brands, I look at money in my pocket and then select accordingly. In apparels/readymade/ men's garments, my favorite brand is Louis Phillipe, though admittedly I have clothes of other brands too. Why Louise Phillipe? Its garments just fit as if they are made for you.
Answered by manish varma, 02 Dec '09 06:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

In general I am not fully brand conscious, but my self-style concerned....till recently, I used to wear only white shirts from my since my college days, and I always had a problem wrt the size of my shirt in different brands. a few years back I cud settle wid UCB -Benetton of its particulr size, but they have a limited range , may be in my part of the region, as noticed after getting wide ranges in shimla and delhi as well....and the second one John Player shirts suit me. For my shoes I have no option other than adidas....so interestingly, in spite of the fact that I am not brand conscious, I had to turn myself into a person going after brands....I like to have cameras of different make n style...have a few from Sony and Nikkon, but I like sony more...Thanks for asking a different type of question.
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 02 Dec '09 06:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I am brand conscious only when it comes to electronics but never clothes. I have my own style and prefer to stand apart from the rest!
Answered by gem mina, 02 Dec '09 03:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

No, not at all. I am Quality Conscious and I mostly stick on Quality and not on brand.
Answered by ajay, 02 Dec '09 02:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

I m value consious
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 02 Dec '09 02:22 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

No marks gel is best....you can get it from any chemist..more

Answered by Vish