Q.

What is pronoun ? Name the various pronoun with example.

Asked by joyesh chakraborty, 25 Jul '08 10:31 am

1.

Joyesh ji, jo shabd sanga ke sthan per pyog kiye jate hein unko sarvnam kahte hein
Answered by ankit shivam, 25 Jul '08 10:36 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

In linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that substitutes for a noun phrase (including a noun phrase consisting of a single noun) with or without a determiner, such as you and they in English. The replaced phrase is the antecedent of the pronoun. A pronoun used for the item questioned in a question is called an interrogative pronoun, such as who.

For example, consider the sentence "John gave the coat to Alice." All three nouns in the sentence can be replaced by pronouns: "He gave it to her." If the coat, John, and Alice have been previously mentioned, the listener can deduce what the pronouns he, it and her refer to and therefore understand the meaning of the sentence. However, if the sentence, "He gave it to her," is the first presentation of the idea, none of the pronouns have antecedents, also called unprecursed pronouns, and each pronoun is therefore ambiguous.
Answered by Stone Heart, 25 Jul '08 10:33 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Pronouns are words that are used in place of noun.
For instance,

Meeta is a great dancer. She performed at the club yesterday.

In the first sentence, Meeta is the noun. In the second, Meeta has been replaced by She. So she is the pronoun. Other examples of pronouns are, He, They, I,It etc.
Answered by vani rastogi, 25 Jul '08 10:34 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Common types of pronouns found in the world's languages are as follows.

* Personal pronouns stand in place of the names of people or things:
o Subjective pronouns are used when the person or thing is the subject of the sentence or clause. English example: I like to eat chips but she does not.
+ Second person formal and informal pronouns (T-V distinction). For example, vous and tu in French. There is no distinction in modern English, though Elizabethan English marked the distinction with "thou" (singular informal) and "you" (plural or singular formal).
+ Inclusive and exclusive "we" pronouns indicate whether or not the audience is included. There is no distinction in English.
Answered by Stone Heart, 25 Jul '08 10:35 am

(0)
 (0)