Q.

How do I get compensated if I was forced to travel in a lower class than what I had booked, or AC was not working etc?

Asked by atoz, 22 Oct '08 01:06 pm

1.

You can also refer the case to Indian consumer complaints forum online: www.consumercomplaints.in
Answered by Anvin Raj, 22 Oct '08 06:08 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

In such cases the Guard Certificate (GC) issued by the train superintendent, TTE, Guard etc must be obtained and sent along with ticket in original to the following address immediately: Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd., 2nd Floor, STC Building, 1, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi -110001 IRCTC will process the case with the Refunds office of the concerned Railway where the train had originated & request for the refunds as due. After verification of the records from the concerned railway, the refunds office sanctions a refund which is sent to IRCTC. IRCTC on receipt of the same credits it to your credit card / bank account. This process may take anything from 3 - 6 months or more depending on the processing speeds, record verification etc. at the concerned Railway Stations.
Answered by always fresh, 22 Oct '08 01:23 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

After the departure of the train up to the time / distance limit prescribed by Railway Commercial Rules the ticket can be cancelled normally at any of..more

Answered by always fresh