Q.

My Laptop DVD Writer / Reader does not recognize few CDs especially VCDs where those are readable in some other systems. What could be the reason and what is the solution so that my Laptop reads all CDs and VCDs.

Tags: laptop, dvd, writer
Asked by AMARESH CHOWDHURY, 09 Oct '10 07:19 pm

1.

There may be many reasons for this one of the reasons may bethe Mastering of the VCD is not proper, or(2) There may be scratches on the zero sector (3) The driver on the laptop may not in sync with fps of those VCDS(in .DAT format) .(4) Window media player sometimes give problem in loading the VCDs.The alternative one can have is to go for different drivers.In this the driver from LG and the product name is cyber link/Power DVD and one has to look for the .DAT file on CD and then run it.Or the Codecs from K-lites .
Answered by kartikay sharma, 09 Oct '10 07:29 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

How old ids your DVD writer? These things have a life of about two years.I was having the same problem with my CD writer , which was unable to recognize original CD's but was playing the pirated CD's.I have recently added another new DVD writer to my PC. at a cost of Rs1000/- only.Either do this or get the lens replaced of your present DVD writer.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 09 Oct '10 07:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

U may need some special CODEC to read those CDs. Try to infer from message displayed if any.
U may try using different sofware for reading those CDs
Answered by Tushar Kher, 09 Oct '10 07:21 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

The recent announcement by the United States giant search engine Google that it might withdraw from China made the headlines in world media. The Googl..more

Answered by Cartoon Network