Q.

When you pray, do you pray for others?

- Your other family members including the extended family, your colleagues, your friends and those whom you know in one way or other, and for specific problems that they are facing in their lives.

Asked by Omega, 23 Aug '08 08:59 pm

1.

Of course, I do
After my prayer, when I make a dua to God, i pray first the happiness and being good by health of others (my parents, my love and my niece and nephews, bro-sis), then i seek his blessings for myself and at the last, i never forget to pray for the rest of this world - my friends, my known people, strangers etc
Answered by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 25 Aug '08 01:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I pray for the good of all ..for the well being of all beings including animals which are living around us. our old scripts i mean..vedas always preaches to ..to one and all sarve santhu niramaya ..sarve janaah sukhino bhavantu...
there is anothere ..well known mantra which says krinvatho viswam aryam..which is ..make everyone have all good and make this beautiful universe a leasant one where all much be ..learned .make them civilise and like this ...we must pray for the good of all sir...if all of us happy then we have ..peace plasant atmosphere and everyone have good thoughts which makes the atmosphere..around us an area
which us pious...poojaneeya and ..filled with...joy forever....
Answered by sarya mitra, 24 Aug '08 06:45 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Earlier in life i used to pray for specific purposes and made sure i mouthed what i wanted...in so many words....now with age and experience i have realized that i just need to pray...how god tackles things in his own mysterious ways is something i wait for and watch.......now i am almost reaxching a stage where i feel.....why pray? god knows my wants, is aware of my problems....its enough, maybe, if i live a righteous life.....god will take care of the rest!!!!!
Answered by Lion Heart, 05 Sep '08 03:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Only my God and those who really know me. know that I never prayed for myself. I don't need to preach what others should do. I'll just tell whst I do and have done over the years, though for some it is hard to believe.

I have always prayed for others, whether my family members, friends, close acquaitances or the whole world in general.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 31 Aug '08 01:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

When i pray, i only say one thing, 'all should be fine' and my prayer ends there. if there is really something specific that i know of and want to be cured, like x,y,z is ill or a,b,c has met with some accident, then i specifically pray for them. otherwise, i don't like to read out the 'list of "to do" ' for God :)
Answered by r, 29 Aug '08 07:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

One need not to believe me but I never prayed the almighty for myself.Its only when my close pals weren't keeping well,I rushed to him with folded hands.
But a smart person can see my selfishness here :-D
Answered by prashant sharma, 25 Aug '08 03:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Sir,
Human is simply selfish by nature. I am no exception. I pray for myself, my family members, my friends in that order.
And my prayer is intense during my trying stressful period like any common person. Like any common person, I prayed for my success during exams or important assignments. And I constantly pray for my well being, alot of wealth, peace and happiness. Thereby, by praying I supress my own fear of being rejected and failures.
And I admit, I do it solely for myself.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 24 Aug '08 10:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Normally I never asked any thing for me when I prey. I always Prey for happiness of others.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 24 Aug '08 07:22 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

I pray for peace
Answered by Vaidyanathan Trichur, 23 Aug '08 09:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Depends..........if somebody needs help or is in a problem.....oderwise i pray 4 all
Answered by vatsala sharma, 23 Aug '08 09:05 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

I am in a bit of hurry, but found this an interesting qn to answer. Please don't mind if some of paras does look distended. Inflation cuts in every wa..more

Answered by Omega