Q.

I want to know the guideline of Jammu & Kashmir tour. I shall starft from Kolkata (West Bengal) by train or air. Where will be my first destination and period of staying at there, thereafter by phase at Jammu & Kashmir, Srinagar and neighbouring places. I want to return from Delhi via Amritsar (want to see only Swarnamandir)

Asked by Gautam Ghosh, 29 Jan '09 11:05 pm

1.

2 nice suggestions
already
Answered by anil garg, 17 Apr '11 05:50 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Rajesh's suggestion is ok. But do not miss out on Pahalgam. You must stay there atleast for one night, if not two and explore this beautiful place by the side of Lidder river. Also make visits to Chandanwadi and Aru and if possible Lidderwat. Its breathtaking ! In Srinagar stay in a house boat for one night to get a feel . But it is more convenient in one of the Hotels at Boulevard or at the Tourist Reception Centre(TRC). Avoid staying in Lal Chowk area at present.
Answered by soumitra majumdar, 03 Feb '09 12:53 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

1. If you can afford it take a flt to Delhi and connecting Flt to Srinagar. Spend three to four days in Srinagar, travelling One day to Gulmarg, One day to Sonmarg and one and a half days of local sight seeing. Stay in one of the House Boats in the Dal Lake. Travel arrangements can be made thru' makemytrip.com.
2. From Srinagar take a flt to Amritsar and see the Swarnamandir and by the night train reach Delhi.
3. From Delhi to Kolkatta travel by Rajdhani on the way back.
Have a nice trip!
Answered by rajesh prajapati, 30 Jan '09 12:12 am

(0)
 (0)