Q.

What is your branch of Studies.Is your career related to what you studied.Did your studies help you in deciding your Career or you chose the career which was available or convenient to you ?

Tags: careers, education, science
Asked by Rachana, 24 Sep '09 09:55 am

1.

Rachana, my stream of studies was Physics, throughout my graduation and post graduation. In fact during post graduation I opted Applied Physics from Indore Engineering College. I followed my father's line who is a doctorate holder and professor in the same subject. In fact he wanted to see me also having a doctorate, but because of so many constraints I couldn't pursue with five years of research, for which I got scoldings from many professors in Pune University.
My ambition was to become a space scientist like Kalpana Chawla. If I had the will power I was having an opportunity in IUCA, Pune, but I didn't even try. Then I got into CDAC, Pune for learning software development, and my career got diverted to software profession. I was getting accustomed with that, but had to again change my career line as my hubby got transferred to a new place, where I got into my present career as editor. In fact I applied for developer in that company, but as they were looking for good editors with g ...more
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 24 Sep '09 07:04 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

What branch of studies ? I never had one, trust me. From childhood, I was always mesmerised with figures, that continue to be an obsession with me even today. But circumstances, surrounding environment, tumultous events that took place at that time catapulted me from a serene setting that I was relishing with all my might to a place that had not even come in my dreams to embark on a journey through whatever is my life so far. Prepared or unprepared I was, I set sail as if on a pre-destined path. The times were different, there wasn't so many who could give you a right advice or prod you on in your intended field of interest. So, even though the figures still fascinated me (though I could never cope with the myriad equations that one had to memorise and interpolate), much before I had even finished my 11th and well before my 16th birthday, the stage had been set for the career I was to embark and the board results hardly mattered any more.

Answered by Omega, 24 Sep '09 10:31 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Depends on intellegency
Answered by Shiva, 27 Jun '11 05:59 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Check out www.collegespeaks.com , it is a very useful site with all information on colleges,careers,internships.
Answered by Meghna Thakkar, 26 Feb '10 04:59 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

The only branch of my studies i have used in my carreer are knowledge of english language and basis mathematics. + - X / . no other subject used in the job. but they did help in real life
Answered by iqbal seth, 25 Dec '09 12:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Management studies
yes
yes
Answered by anil garg, 16 Nov '09 08:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I always wanted to be a teacher in Mathematicas, but cudnt and no regret at all bcoz I still teach maths in my free time to kids those who have difficulties wrt any point...Being blessed wid from a highly educated family , I did my graduation in commerce stream, getting the 1st Rank in Guwahati University.Being the youngest in my family, all of my bothers n sister did have high expectation...my father being himself a graduate of 1952-53, wanted me to go for entrance of IIM, but ultimately I ended becoming a Chartered Accountant in 1989 ..since my background in graduation was well matched wid my post graduation degree, hence had no complaint at all in this respect.....at that time, there were no big opportunities in job specifically in the region where from I belong..I entered in the Profession of Accountancy , dealing in Company Matters, Taxation and audits as well...and carried out the same successfully till date. Most beautiful n satisfying part was that I cud maintained my independe ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 13 Oct '09 11:11 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

I was oblized to join Electrical engg in 1st sem, I changed to Mech in 2nd sem. Due to my parents force I changed to Civil from 2nd year. It was not my choice. But I did MS in structures eventually. My wish is to join BSF to annihilate any enemy trespassing in to our country. But my eye sight defect prevented me to do so. Now having lost my parents and family just pulling on life by doing a job in a british consultancy for structural dynamics, fatigue and fracture analysis. It is very convenient for me, only mind work and lots of girls around in company with whom I never mess up.
Answered by Chinna, 06 Oct '09 10:49 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Dear Rachana ----- ---- More than 50 valuable questions awaits your valuable answering --- Plz find some time to answer them with at least one or two lines and make worthy of my questions --- Thank you in advance:-))))------GOOD MORNING --- !!! HAVE A NICE DAY --- !!!
Answered by anantharaman, 06 Oct '09 10:25 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Wow! thats a question after my heart...and i am a prime example of deviating from what I had studied for...to quite some extent !
I did my Masters in Analytical Chemistry and then my MBA with the least thought of joining the printed media as a creative writer where my knowledge was of least use( it was just a hobby for me till then).
However after half a decade or more I attended a seminar where there was a lot of interaction based on management techniques in the printed media and the organisation woke up to the fact that I/ my expertise was being wasted. I was kicked up to the management level and later on made the Head of Print and Processing. It was only after then that my knowledge of Chemistry and analysing chemical compositions was of any use.
Talk of it....yeah...my acquired knowledge did no go waste completely!
Answered by prasoon, 01 Oct '09 01:06 am

(1)
 (0)