Q.

Madhya Pradesh BJP govt has banned Salwar Kurta for female teachers of colleges! "They look too young and the difference between faculty and student gets wiped out, the govt says! What do you say?

Tags: education, govt, says
Asked by QueSera Sera, 10 Dec '10 06:12 pm

1.

Governments often do these kind of things, so as to divert the minds of the mango people from the real issues at hand ! Moral policing works because people are misled by acts such as these. We cant really blame the govt. Govt know that majority of the people like these kind of acts, and hence they do it.

Having said that, let me split the question itself. My first point will be regarding freedom. A person should have freedome of choice. Freedom to wear any kind of clothing (as long as it is within the limits of propriety) should be a basic right. It was not worded into the constituion because it is so basic, that its taken for granted. When the french government had banned the burqa, i had specifically mentioned that they may ban dhotis, and then all clothing. Here's proof

http://qna.rediff.com/questions-and-answers/french-senate-pas ses-burqa-ban-do-you-support-it/17951095/answers.

Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 10 Dec '10 08:02 pm

(6)
 (0)
2.

This is not logical .I think the autocratic decisions are based more on personalities of the person involved rather than on logic s
Answered by minticool, 10 Dec '10 06:15 pm

(4)
 (0)
3.

Moral policing by government needs to be condemned in strong words...
Answered by kumar bhat, 10 Dec '10 06:14 pm

(4)
 (0)
4.

I would quite agree to the govt's decision...; the dress code of the teachers shd certainly be different from the one used by the students......., or else, there wouldn't exist any mark of difference between the students and the teachers.......; besides, a dignified dress adds to the personality of a person....and for a teacher surely a saree would better suit her dignity than a pair of salwar kurta, in an educational institution........; (this is my personal opinion)......

nevertheless, do i say that salwar kurta is cheap dress in general.........
Answered by minati vishwakarma, 10 Dec '10 06:43 pm

(2)
 (3)
5.

Sorry ,salwar kameez is very popular dress amongst ladies throughout India , sarees are to revealing and difiicult to wear and control . the way sarees is wore now is too attracting to male sudents
Answered by ashis kappor, 10 Dec '10 08:14 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

This is a HUGE pile of horse feces and one more reason I wanna sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDtkBfn2SI

and smash someone's head w/an electric guitar.

THERE SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FACULTY AND A STUDENT IN BLOODY COLLEGES DAMNIT! I have taken up consulting service 4 some town level colleges in my vicinity and one of my core objectives is to bridge that student-faculty gap. I'd rather that students look up to faculty as a senior comrade rather than some sort of a boss.

Faculty is someone who has more experience who guides the student thru his or her EDUCATION.

Heh, prof's look more seductive in sarees anyway hardy har.
Answered by A Moin, 10 Dec '10 07:25 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

What kind of democracy is it? But they do have a point. Famales are very weight conscious these days. They do look young for a longer time. But the decision is a loss of freedom. How about dress code for teachers or students.
Answered by Ramgarhia, 10 Dec '10 06:18 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

For a Govt. in a democracy like India, which has equal rights for all religions and equal stata for folowers of al the religions, secularism is the be..more

Answered by Aditya Misra