Q.

Green Revolution in India is a MYTH,REALITY is Starvation deaths at KALAHANDI in Orissa,though politicians says it to be due to malnutrition.What do you think?

Tags: india, reality, sports
Asked by Santiranjan Pal, 29 Sep '09 10:39 am

1.

Many slogans,many projects have adopted by different Govt. to eradicate starvation......but the fact is no body knows about the real starvation......i have visited many palces of Kalahandi....and particularly thuamul rampur.....no body can believe without seeing the situation.....once a went to thuamul rampur and from there just 18kms from there a village in the forest consiting of hardly 40 huts (not like pizza hut) the real hut.....i saw many people are romming and enjoying the fire in the month of december..... i asked one person regarding their clothing.....blieve me the picturea i saw hurted me like any thing..........they told me we are having only one cloth to wear .....while the male is outside, the female doesn't have cloth to wear so she is inside and vice versa......there people are depending on all jungle fruits and animals.....and particularly from march to july they hardly get some thing to eat....they use to go neighbour towns as a daily wage labour......just for salt a ...more
Answered by pradeep mishra, 29 Sep '09 11:08 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

It is the people of Kalahandi to blame. Since my childhood I am hearing tha kalahandi is very poor area.
Crores of rupess have been pumped into the past, aids are given. Not very much has been done because
as long as it remains a backward area the aided money comes in the middle men get his money, and this
goes on on. So, the poverty shuld be maintained there.
Answered by sitapati rao, 29 Sep '09 10:51 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

No, i cannot recommend any....but what u are going to do is really praiseworthy........, go ahead...., best of luck!!!!!!..more

Answered by minati vishwakarma