Q.

32. Last week when I was browsing through the internet I was surprised to find out that India was the first country that started mining diamonds. Later Arabs and other Middle Eastern countries took over the diamond business all over the world. Jewellery has always excited me and I want to know more about it. In fact now my wish is to take up a jewelry design course. What would be the best jewellery designing school in Kolkata?

Tags: india, kolkata, money
Asked by Simran Kapoor, 20 May '11 12:36 pm

1.

It would be a good decision to enroll at SIG. I am a student there. Just check out their website and fill up the online form. Sawansukha Institute of Gemology and Jewellery Design is the best as far as any jewellery design institute in Kolkata is concerned. Check out http://www.sig.org.in
Answered by Naina Basu, 20 May '11 12:40 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Yes, you can enroll in SIG. My cousin is a student there. They have excellent placement cell and wonderful faculty who are alumnae of prestigious institutions from around the world. At least my sister swears it is the best Kolkata jewellery design school.
Answered by Partha Gupta, 20 May '11 12:38 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Hey! I am an ex student and let me add my word of wisdom to the discussion as well. A great thing about that institute is that it has no record of stretching the semester unnecessarily.
Source: http://www.sig.org.in/
Answered by Smriti Raina, 20 May '11 12:43 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

There are quite a number of them. Check out online. However, I can suggest you to check the website of the Eden Group, for I have had a good experienc..more

Answered by Siddhartha Chauhan