Q.

Have you ever missed any long distance train for which you reserved your birth

Tags: travel, entertainment, long distance
Asked by Santonu Borpuzari, 14 Apr '12 01:31 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Never, I try to reach station/airport 1 hour before departure!!!
Answered by Vishwanath V, 14 Apr '12 02:52 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Not me but my family members did miss the train once. We had a common ticket for 4 of us. On way to the station, there was a religious procession (Muharram) and this delayed us by 1 hour. As the bus did not proceed further (it was 2 Km away from the station), we four got out of our bus and split into two groups - two ladies and two gents - and both decided to take two separate autos after avoiding the procession. Me and my male companion could get an auto and reached the station just before it departed. There was no sign of the ladies. The tickets were with the ladies!
The TTE was sympathetic. I went through the whole train which was a vestibuled one but couldnt find any known person from whom I could borrow the requisite amount for the ticket as we were technically travelling without ticket even though we had reservation. When the TTE realised my predicament (I had shown him my office ID card), he only charged us the minimum excess fare which came to some Rs 400/- but we had only Rs ...more
Answered by Reader Writer, 14 Apr '12 02:02 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

No
Answered by Psycho, 14 Apr '12 01:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Touch wood. It has not happened so far.

The closest that we ever came to it was when we were travelling in a group of 30 to attend my elder brother's marriage. My sister was supposed to carry the tickets (Olden day card tickets) and she forgot to carry from home. None of us had tickets. Providence came to our rescue and the train was reported to depart 5 hours late [after we came to the station]. We had enough time to go home in themiddle of the night by taxi and retrieve the ticket and return to the station, before the rescheduled departure of the train.
Answered by S. Ramesh, 14 Apr '12 01:41 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Never.. I am always ahead of time..
Answered by Juliana, 14 Apr '12 01:36 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

No never as have habit to Wait for the Train arrival .Reaching station early is a habit and never miss a Train .
Answered by kartikay sharma, 14 Apr '12 01:32 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

My birth has not taken place in a train. I have not reserved my birth. I was not asked. I had no say there at all.
Answered by Lost Soul, 14 Apr '12 01:32 pm

(0)
 (0)