Q.

Which is the chilliest winter you have experienced? What special moments do you have of the same?

Tags: special moments, chilliest winter
Asked by Saj Sierra, 18 Nov '07 08:33 am

1.

The chilliest winter, no it wasn't winter when I visited Simla. It was summer of 1967. I went on a tech tour to Kalka and from there on I boarded a narrow gauge train for Simla. It was an unplanned visit and being summer I was wearing a half sleeved shirt and carried a bedsheet in my hand bag. I landed at Simla. We were given a railway coach but before that we had to pass the first night in the waiting room. That night I had experienced the worst cold of my life. I never expected Simla would be that cold during summer. I hailed from Madhyapradesh and Maharashtra and I was quite unprepared for that sort of cold. Next day of course we had a comfortable accommodation in first class railway coach with blanket and bedsheets but the first night spent in Simla waiting room was the most terrible night of my life.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 18 Nov '07 08:51 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

In 1985, I was in Germany and the temperatures were about 1 to 3 Degrees Celsius. So, while there was no snow, it was quite chilly and I really enjoyed it because I was well protected.

Similarly in 1991, I was in Delhi when the temp. was about 5 degrees and I found my energy levels were very high.

In Hyderabad, we do get about 10 to 13 and it is pleasant.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 19 Nov '07 09:33 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

As we were getting off the bus from Jammu to Srinagar and getting into our hotel I cried bitterly and vouched never ever to go to Kashmir. It was around 9 in the night and that little exposure from the bus to our hotel room froze me to ice as I had never gone to any place with such a winter before. But the next morning after a cuddly night and proper clothing around me our holiday to Kashmir was the best one which I will never forget although I have had the experience of travelling to many parts of the world with worse winter conditions I was prepared for it and hence could bear it all with a smile. I remember I was watching the bridal falls in Canada a part of the Niagara Falls in the night but did not experience any discomfort as I was covered to the hilt!!
Answered by gem mina, 18 Nov '07 09:29 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

7degree C , when I had a Kolkatta visit during 1995. I could not tolerate the chill weather there.
Answered by Ranjan Krishna, 18 Nov '07 08:47 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Up to -2, -5 degrees C. Snowfall was the highlight.
Answered by manish varma, 18 Nov '07 08:37 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Minus 40 degree celcius..
Answered by Quest, 25 Jul '13 11:40 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

Winter is winter ; nothing special! But when the cyclone comes to our town in Summer time then winter in summer is a wonder to enjoy mystically and write poems immortal as I am a Poet of Nature! Many of my poems were written so in my poetry book, DREAMS, IDEAS AND REALITIES!
Answered by T A RAMESH, 25 Nov '07 11:41 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

It was pretty cold then, may be say around minus 5 or 6 degrees and the special moment is always when the Bukhari brightens up to add some more warmth.
Answered by Omega, 21 Nov '07 04:07 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

It was winter in Canada....temp= -25 to -30 degrees.:)))
i really enjoyd one morning when the fog became tiny specs of ice and the sun shone on it and it came rolling down the St . Lawrence river.:))
Answered by sumita ganguly, 21 Nov '07 12:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

I have never been to the chiliest winter places but which i love to enjoy in such places.
Answered by vasantha margaret, 20 Nov '07 12:20 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Natural beauty, that's what i have, :))) kidding, but i never spend much on beauty product, as i believe a good healthy diet makes you look your best,..more

Answered by sanam