Q.

Is it wise step to purchase 3-4 yrs. Old Tata indica Diesel car?I want to purchase used car about 3-4 yrs old diesel car I finalized on tata indica as it is spacious and within my budget (1.5-1.6 ) lacs. I have 5 family members.and monthly mileage about 500 kms. Please advice.

Tags: budget, tata indica, advice
Asked by NINDER MALL, 25 Aug '07 10:42 pm

1.

Good to know
Answered by conviction, 15 Mar '13 09:02 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

You have family. And Indicas aren't exactly known for assured stability & functionality beyond 150,000 kms. Did a tour taxi / private tour owner ever own the Indica? It can be very difficult to say. And please- it's rather easy to tweak around with speedometers :) so be extra careful here. And don't always assume ALL taxis in India have yellow license plates IMO. A LOT of "private" Indicas, I've seen are from that category.

Have you inspected the Engine? The tail pipe? Did you have a trusted tinker check the car? Did you take it for a test drive, through the slopes etc?

To check your engine conditions roughly, use any reasonable elevation reverse a bit, grind to a brake halt & restart the car. Give it a kick start on first gear. Then, after the initial movement, switch to second and don't race too much. See how the car goes.

Answered by A Moin, 27 Aug '07 02:48 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Do u know how many kms havehte car runned , its most import u look into this , be carful when u buy second hand car becoz some time what happens is the car ownes will reduce the number of km the car has run. and we the car has run for more then 50 to 60 thousand km dont even think of buying it
Answered by nitin sharma, 26 Aug '07 01:27 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

I understand your reasoning; however you are missing some points thar are misleading your conclusions. You are not taking into account the currently l..more

Answered by Mickey