Chinese telecom equipment company Huawei Telecommunications is planning large investments in India ---news. Is it advisable to allow them entry into India in view of the sensitive nature of this industry and the not too good relationship between India and China? Your views?.
1. No company will throw money just like that for any political reasons.
2. The standard bars for the Indian company will be raised by them hence the cost will come down.
3. I see this as an opportunity to improve the ties with China at this level where the interaction between people will dilute the political compenses.
4. Good investment will help India more than China. (In July 9, 2010, Huawei reached Global Fortune 500 2010 published by the U.S. magazine "Fortune" for the first time with the annual sales of 21.8 billion U.S. dollars and net profit of 2.67 billion U.S. dollars )
2) There are many such instances including the above. First, IB cried foul about the above Chinese entity. But why it is quite now? Why there are not explanations to the public? The same thing about the Blackberry.
3) From the above, two thing are quite clear. First, GOI and its various agencies / departments / organs are not technically competent to put their acts together. They just make noises to escape from their responsibilities and try to pass on the bucks to their political masters. Finally, business is more important to GOI than anything else. Indian business lobby is more active to do business with China and this lobby influences GOI decisions to circumvent the security aspect. De ...more