Q.

Which is the most ROMANTIC Hollywood/Bollywood movie according to you? can you tell us a little about it?

Asked by shintsie, 24 Feb '09 05:26 pm

1.

For me it has to be Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere - I never get tired of watching it. It is a mixture of modern day Cinderalla and My Fair Lady wrapped into one. You have the handsome, rich and unattached business man away from home and lonely and decides to hire a prostitute NOT for sex but for company! He finds the beautiful Vivian on the street, wearing cheap clothes and too much make up but I think spots the diamond beneath the rough exterior. He pays for the whole night and then extends it to a week. We watch her turn from the ugly duckling with no table manners into a elegant classy lady and watch the love between them grow. (Rushing to the end of the story) the week comes to an end, they part because he let's her go - he regrets it and rushes to find her like the traditional Knight on a White horse - and you imagine them running off into the sunset together - sounds more like Bollywood doesn't it. Still love it though !!!!
Answered by Janis, 26 Feb '09 02:44 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

From the older genre I like My Fair Lady. From the newbies its Harry Met Sally and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I wont tell ya a thing coz ya need to watch em all.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 24 Feb '09 10:48 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Oldies- Casablanca, Brief Encounter, My Fair Lady, Gone with the Wind
newbies - Bridges of Madison County, You've Got Mail
Won't tell anyone about them..except that each one of these is evergreen and immortal.
Answered by joyoti sen, 25 Feb '09 11:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Veer Zaara !
Answered by amreen, 25 Feb '09 09:22 am

(4)
 (0)
5.

My choice would be When Harry Met Sally starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan.I have seen this movie so many times, I actually know every line by heart. You could say I am sick of weatching it again and again. The script and characters took us back to the days when movies were so much more wordy and eccentric and both Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal create the perfect chemistry.We don't see such romantic comedies nowadays.The film has a simple storyline and equally simple concept.This film proves that you can mix comedy, love, and drama in a single shot, all while keeping a high level of quality.The insecurities, happiness, sadness, and life of the characters in general are very contemporary and realistic. The ending -topped by Harrys declaration of love- is very clever and refreshing.This movie is an absolute must for any couple who recently had a fight and are thinking of making up, or for any couple who recently made up and are thinking of having a fight.The most beautiful part of the movi ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 24 Feb '09 08:50 pm

(4)
 (0)
6.

Titanic was superb specially the Nude scene
Answered by bharat dureja, 24 Feb '09 05:27 pm

(2)
 (3)
7.

English - Arriving Tuesday - It was a nice story about a boy rooted to its cultre and the forward-looking girl coing back from Europe and then going for vacation, where they meet anothet person ont he way back home. The boy grow jealous and finally accepts love. Its last scene of expressing love was cpied in many Hindi movies including I guess Ashiqui or Dil, where they all help him with reaching Airport fire brigade etc. Can't remember the cast after >15 years, but did not have a famous cast.
Hindi - Paheli (1979) - That was onr grest movie. Talk of a romantiv movie, where the boy and girl do not express the love till a minute before end of the movie. It was about a college-going student having gone to his grandmother's village on dumer vacation at an age not even understanding the romance. He befriends a girl and then next year goes to meet her, but they borth gre older and shy and nobody says anything, but their love for each other grows. I wish Rajshri could produce a remake of th ...more
Answered by manish varma, 25 Feb '09 01:22 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Basic instinct!
Answered by ricky s, 25 Feb '09 01:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Veer zaara
Answered by varun shende, 24 Feb '09 06:21 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Acc. to me it will be titanic,,,,little women,,,,it could happen to you,,,,,alex and emma!!!!!!!
Answered by Ipshita, 24 Feb '09 05:30 pm

(2)
 (0)