Q.

How do u judge personality of a Q&A member ?

By his / her Questions, Answers, Comments, Best Answers, their Personal Messages in your inbox ?

Do u attempt analysing characteristics of a Q&A person on what reflects from above ?

Please elaborate in a preferential order.

Cocktail Raj

Asked by Cocktail, 26 Jun '08 10:47 am

1.

Yes, we can find personality and nature of a Q&A member from his input of questions, answers or messages. Just asking of a good question itself is an informative and useful thing from which we can get many new ideas and meanings. I know only few people are doing such great job. I don't want to elaborate more about this.
On the other hand, pls aware that most of the Q&As are done here just only for accumulating points in order to reach the HOF. Anybody can reach there easily by asking any silly Qns or answers whether they are right or wrong. Some new changes and amendments are urgently required to qualify a person in the HOF. We see some people are playing openly cheap and dirty "games, politics or trade" among them in awarding BAs. They show discrimination or partiality to the particular persons which are not according to the bases of "the best" or "the right" answers. Also many people create fake IDs to award BAs for themselves. Creative and meaningful steps from the modera ...more
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 27 Jun '08 11:48 am

(3)
 (0)
2.

Hmmm
I judge a Q and A memeber by the foll.
QS and answers followed by their Best answers. Their personal messages i do not read unless specifically asked to do so.
Yes very much so.. I try to analyse the person;s nature by the above points. The questions asked and the answeres given reflects their nature. Based on my observations I decide whether to have an extended friendship with them or not.
of course my analysis can also go wrong.. It had in one case.
Answered by joyoti sen, 26 Jun '08 02:20 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Judging. Naah Id leave dat to the ppl in black. As for QnA well i enjoy the bakar bakar than the judging and fighting and name calling and age guessing and sex stereotyping and phsychometric profiling and what not. Theres loads to do in LIFE and then sit and judge. Till then enjoy QnA.
Answered by Saj Sierra, 27 Jun '08 12:13 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes I suppose I do sometimes "Profile" people here but even then you can get it wrong. The photo ID is invariably not an actual photo of the user but their choice of photo can be interesting and is still a reflection of their personality or the image they wish to portray. Questions and answers are invariably the best tool to use to evaluate a personality - the level of intellect, their intensity, humour, education, the sentence construction, the style of language used and the attitude, especially attitude in their responses. When you begin to interact with users and exchange personal messages you will gain further insight of the person. However, that is not always a guarantee that your judgement of their personality is correct. As I have found, the way they may conduct themselves towards you is not always the way they normally behave. I recall a user from the HoF whose messages to me were always decent and proper and then I fould that their messages to others were basically of ...more
Answered by Janis, 26 Jun '08 01:02 pm

(0)
 (0)

5.

Yes, I suppose I do occasionally "Profile" some of the users here. Although their ID photograph may not be an actual photo of the user, their choice of photo can be very indicative of the person - it may reflect their personality or, or course, it may just be the image they want to portray and have us believe reflects their personality. The same goes for their ID name, some use their real names and others that of film stars, heros, something more bizarre or even the opposite gender (make of that what you will) - but they are all indicators. Their questions and answers are of course the real tool by which we learn about a person, from those we gain an insight into their personality, their interests, intellect, education, beliefs, prejudices, manners, sense of humour and attitude, in particular their attitude when responding to questions. Certainly with some questions I do check back to look at their previous questions before answering to try and ascertain whether a question is genui ...more
Answered by Janis Rodwell, 26 Jun '08 04:52 pm

(8)
 (0)
6.

For first impression the contact photo does have some affect but later on when we see and read the questions and answers of that person and other interactions on message board it adds up...

A wolf in goat's skin be easily judged {as so many of you have judged me so easily :))) }.

People know how to read between the lines, we know that we are dealing with so many educated people here.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 26 Jun '08 11:06 am

(6)
 (0)
7.

Hey Raj its really quite a difficult question for me to answer n most of the persons have already said so many things.
I am no more interesting in judging any person here as i have already judged enough persons n have been judged by em in return. we share a level of comfort here.
But since you have asked the question so i cant run away.
You can judge a person by any means but i prefer to read his Qs n answers rather than going through the quality of BAs they get n their message box.
Let me give you my own personal example here.

I asked a question once just for a laugh,and a lot of people came down on me like a tone of bricks.The question was not offensive,it wasn't to insult anyone,it wasn't attacking anyone.Some people are just like that n you cant expect better from em be it in real life or on net.Though i get 3-4 beautiful answers on the same question.I came to know about the true colors of few persons here.
Actually the question was about a Fatwa od Darul Ulum Devband.
Answered by prashant sharma, 26 Jun '08 04:21 pm

(5)
 (0)
8.

Personally...i dont go by any of the above..because none of it can reflect the true character of a person... I go purely by instinct...and luckily so far it has not failed me. I myself have been told by atleast 3 ppl here that they were pleasantly surprised and had to revise their idea abt me once they got to know me...my Q&A's had given them a schoolmarmish image :)
Attempting to analyse the character of a person is futile because most of us portray an image which we want others to see..... Although many of the members here pledge undying affection and love for their fellow members...how much of it will hold true in real life is anybody's guess.

The Q &A 's are just indicative of a person's general interest & attitude but not indicative of their true characteristices which will only reveal itself only in a extended personal friendship in a real world.
Answered by sumitha, 26 Jun '08 03:18 pm

(5)
 (0)
9.

As I have great interest in human psychology and behaviour hence may it for no reason but still I do judge personality of a Q&A members as in my case it determines the level of my amity with some particular member(s). It is really helpful for me when I feel interested in having that member as my friend. The following ways help me in judging personality of a Q&A member.

User name the use of genuine/real name in id gives a readily positive impression about a member. Some members use such confusing user ids that actually plant a doubt in others mind that whether that member is a male or female. I have come across such gender confusing members and these experiences were quite shocking for me. Even some ids sound too odd or cheap to make you run away from that member. So selection of user id says a lot about a member.

Answered by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 26 Jun '08 01:01 pm

(5)
 (0)
10.

To be very frank raj i dont have this quality of judging the person and analysing their characters on the basis of q and a....just i am good to all.After all we are here for little time . What they think about me dont know....
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 26 Jun '08 11:26 am

(5)
 (0)

Q.

But Rita n Priya are missing sir..more

Answered by prashant sharma