Q.

Can you tell me abt d famous moon river song from d movie 'Breakfast at Tiffany's ??

Tags: abt, breakfast, tiffany's
Asked by prashant sharma, 16 May '08 10:29 am

1.

Henry Mancini wrote "Moon River" specifically for Audrey Hepburn, trying to evoke Holly's yearning for innocence and simplicity under her sophistication. He said, "It was one of the hardest melodies I ever had to write because I couldn't figure out what this lady would sing. Would it be a pop tune, a folk song, a blues? It took me almost a month to get it. Though the song went on to be a big hit for Andy Williams, and has had over 1000 recordings over the years, no one ever performed it with more honesty, feeling or understanding than Audrey did in the movie." The song was almost cut after a preview before the studio brass, the new President of Paramount (showing off, no doubt) announced, "Well, I can tell you one thing, we can get rid of that song." Audrey, uncharacteristically assertive, jumped out of her chair, "Over my dead body!" The song stayed. (Harris). Johnny Mercer wrote the lyrics. But, will someone please tell me, what is a ...more
Answered by urmila, 16 May '08 10:32 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

music by Henry Mancini, lyrics by Johnny Mercer
Sung by Audrey Hepburn

Lyrics:-
Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.

Answered by L KINI, 16 May '08 10:34 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Mr. Kini has answered it. Moon River. See the film.. Audrey Hepburn was just suuuuuuupeeeeeeeerb!!!!!
My especially when she sat on the window sill and sang that song. And George Peppard got thoroughly charmed. In the film Hepburn had sung the song herself. This song got the Oscar for the best song.
Answered by joyoti sen, 16 May '08 07:28 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

"Moon River", composed by Johnny Mercer and Henry, for the classic Audrey Hepburn film "Breakfast At Tiffany's. Audrey played the part of Holly Golightly and she had a cat called Cat! Moon River has also been recorded by many other well known artists - I always think of Andy Williams singing this, Frank Sinatra also but I didn't like his version. Mercer used the phrase "Huckleberry friend" as a nostalgic reference to his childhood with he collected huckleberries with his friends when walking alongside the river.
Answered by Janis, 16 May '08 10:12 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

ya this is a famous song from d movie 'Breakfast at Tiffany's

and its one of ur favourite too

Moon River" is a song composed by Johnny Mercer (Lyrics) and Henry Mancini (Music) in 1961, for whom it won that year's Academy Award for Best Original Song. It is most well-known for being sung in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's by Audrey Hepburn, although it has been covered by many other artists.

It became the theme song for Andy Williams, who first recorded the song in 1961 and performed it at the Academy Awards ceremonies in 1962. He sang the first eight bars of the song at the beginning of his television show; he also named his production company and venue in Branson, Missouri after Moon River.

Answered by parul advani, 16 May '08 04:52 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

The following are the names of the impressive cast of CSI (television programme):William Peterson as Gil Grissom.Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willow..more

Answered by Anvin Raj