Q.

Is it not a better idea to block unwanted message senders rather than go thru this rigmarole of accepting/ignoring friends which has created a lot of confusion here?

Tags: money, relationships, entertainment
Asked by gem mina, 25 Aug '09 12:24 pm

1.

The management is already blocking unwanted message senders. They have blocked thousands of ids of one person only, but they have no system to prevent creation of new ids. They will not be able to preclude their ingress even if moderate every id. For this precise reason, the management is helpless. Until now, forum members thought that ignoring this ignominious character will keep him at bay, but he thought that he is the uncrowned king of this forum. He capitalized on forum's weakness and forum member's apathy. This menace cannot be put to an end with a soft approach. All forum members should unite and approach this menace to Cyber Crime branch. I have furnished them his real name, address, phone numbers and email address. My lone voice is a voice in wilderness. If all will make a complaint against him they will take care of him as per the law. His name is Chandraprakash Agle, and his address is Galaxy Enterprises, 30 30,Ganesh Nagar,R.C.Marg,Chembur MUMBAI Maharastra 400074. His Phon ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 25 Aug '09 01:44 pm

(2)
 (1)
2.

Dear Gem minaji, I think the previous set up was much better and hope they revert back. regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 25 Aug '09 04:26 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

Yes, Yes and a thousand times yes. I have made no secret of my disapproval of this Friends List. It calls for discrimination and selection and I am totally against that. We had no difficulty communicating in the previous format with a blocking facility available to deal with any unwanted messengers. We may communicate with some members regularly and with others only occasionally, but now we are obliged to go through this selection process in order to communicate at all. It causes ill feeling and tension and is totally unnecessary. The result of making an occasional contact a Friend is that you then have all the updates/persons movements recorded on you page whether you want it or not. Then of course there is the embarrassment if you subsequently have to delete them. Initially when this format came into being I clicked accept on a few until through use I could see where this was all leading. Now I have a long list of unanswered Friends Requests on my page and I am sorry but th ...more
Answered by Janis, 26 Aug '09 10:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes .. Gem..I had told rediff during our meeting and i plan to send a reminder to them about giving us the Block option in our message boxes. They had said yes to that . Plus they had agreed to let the members have the option of leaving our message boxes open or closed. Right now see the confusion. I have Janis on my list but every time I go to her page it says 'add as friend'. Next , you have added me and I have added you but you are not appearing on my friends' list. As a result each day I send you a 'add a friend request' ...but Rediff says i am not your friend. I am bugged and feel like shouting at them. Just because some members are paranoid about open message boxes why has Rediff forced us to lump it ?
Answered by joyoti sen, 25 Aug '09 07:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I got bashed up here for suggesting and open mail box and a Private Message option to the sender with a block option to the owner of the msg box. I still stick to that stand, wherein when one wants to be discreet for any reason, he or she can be. An open msg box would be like a wall in the facebook or netlog or many other such forums. Here, we cannot even ask for an email id or worse, a telephone number.
The rediff mgmt seems to want to keep us here as virtual friends, but make it difficult to make real friends in life. Wonder why.....
Answered by Satish Kamath, 26 Aug '09 09:38 am

(0)
 (0)

6.

In fact the new system of accepting/ignoring friends created lots of misunderstandings also. First of all why we need a friends' list? I have made my message box open, so all those who wanted to send me a message can do it as and when they want. Does that mean the ones outside my friend's circle who post messages are my enemies? As you rightly suggested we have the option of deleting the unwanted messages, so there is no need of a friend's circle. Of course then there will be difficulty in getting updates. It can be then limited to our own alters/updates. I have friends outside my list who daily send me messages, as well as friends in my list who hardly send me any message. But that doesn't mean that I should delete them from my list. They are there like stars. Instead of friend's list the options for blocking unwanted persons and messages and the option for setting the message box open or close are more than enough.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 25 Aug '09 01:28 pm

(4)
 (0)
7.

I agree with you.
Answered by ankit shivam, 25 Aug '09 01:48 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

Previous format was good. I agree with you
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 25 Aug '09 01:13 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Yes I agree with you Gem. The blocking system was better than this.
Answered by peekay first, 25 Aug '09 01:17 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

I have always felt that the old format`s features must be restored.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 25 Aug '09 12:34 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

BEST Bus No. - 440 is a Limited Bus Service from Wadala Depot to Borivili Station (East). It goes through the following route WADALA DEPOT KHODADA..more

Answered by Pratyayan Sanyal