Q.

I was having ICICI credit card since 2004,always paid the entire outstanding within due time prior to June2009,when I did not receive my statement,I called on customercare,informed them about non receipt of statement & asked them togive details of my outstanding & requested not to charge interest,they refused my request,started to charge interest & late payment every month & did not send statement on July09,June10,July10 & has started disturbing me,I stopped usuing that card for last one year clearing all the amount I spent with the card,but they are disturbing me by charging interest & fine

About: Credit card dispute

Tags: interest, money, icici
Asked by Amitava Goswami, 09 May '11 08:45 pm

1.

You may write to the Ombudsman of the bank for redress...!
Answered by Dil Se, 09 May '11 10:18 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

You are still holding their card. That is why they are following you. They have not so far forfeited your card, but there is outstanding on it and you are holding it still. Paying of interest is mandatory, but not any penalty. Better you pay all the balance and return their card, duly cut all four sides, in case you do not want to use the card. There is no sense in taking legal action, because, credit card if not handled properly, is a menance. Non-receipt of statement is not a reason that you can withhold card payment because you could have paid a round payment. From your question, it seems that the matter has been wrongly handled by you from the beginning. ICICI is not bothered about any payment, but they are very nasty if anyone starts to play with them, because then they start dealing according to their rules, which are already mentioned on their statement, as well the application signed by you at the time of applying for a card. Pay the outstanding, and come out of the jungle.
Answered by jim elzabad, 09 May '11 09:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Oh icici is one of the most chor banks they did the same wd me sent me late statements nd den charged me wd late payment this went on for sum time i kept requestin dem nt to charge bt wen things went out of hand i went to their office nd maa bhen kardiya unka i saw dat they cut my card into four nd i very sternly told dem dat ill give a police complain from den on dey hve stopped bt i made a settlement nd got d statement frm dem so frm den on i hve stopped using any credit cards even HDFC is d same dont trust ny international banks they r cheats nd frauds its better to use a debit card dan a credit its like u r earning for dem
Answered by Sehar, 09 May '11 08:57 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Contect higher bank authorities immediately or bank ombudsman
Answered by rekha agarwal, 09 May '11 08:50 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

A swap is an agreement between two parties to exchange sequences of cash flows for a set period of time. Usually, at the time the contract is initiate..more

Answered by Pardeep kapoor