Q.

German woman and her 9yr old son clean litter in Rishikesh while Indians sit idle in the background. Have you read this article and seen the photograph in it ? Do share your views

Tags: relationships, entertainment, rishikesh
Asked by gisma, 29 Jun '13 11:56 am

1.

I did at that time and i'am impressed with these people.
Answered by Quest, 06 Sep '13 11:32 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

I do not need to read any article or see any photographs to believe this. Such things happen EVERY DAY, and EVERYWHERE in India. Moreover, we never learn from our past mistakes. this is not the first time there has been a calamity at a place of pilgrimage. When will our people learn not to crowd places of worship in this way, and not to litter the places with filth?

The litter in Rishikesh may have been caused by debris from Nature's wrath. But I am sure that much of it also comprised the flotsam thrown around by pilgrims. Forget places of pilgrimage, do we even keep our cities and their surroundings clean? There is garbage strewn around everywhere, except in our own homes, which we keep spotless.

I believe that the first dirt to be cleaned in our country is the man made garbage. All other dirt, like corruption and crime will automatically reduce when we acquire the basic civic sense, which the German mother and son have displayed.
Answered by Koryan Vhey, 02 Jul '13 08:46 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Indians are the best in making public places dirty..and the most fussy to clean after themselves..right from bottom to top strata of society..
Answered by Anurag Sharma, 29 Jun '13 12:02 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Yes three days ago, NGO-They enjoy this way of doing social service !!
Answered by Suraj ka Dostaana, 29 Jun '13 11:58 am

(0)
 (0)