Q.

How many of you have read Frank R. Stockton's famous story The Lady or the Tiger?
I've two questions related with the subjecy:--

1.The question is for those who are aware of this story -- Who you think was behind the door to which the princess pointed her finger....... The Tiger or the Lady??

2.This is an independent question, anyone can answer -- Can feelings like jealousy, insecurity, envy, etc. overpower the feeling of love?

Asked by prashant sharma, 27 Mar '09 08:57 pm

1.

The tiger...because the princess was definitely not the kind to lead him to the lady..she will probably let him think that the lady was behind the door where in fact the tiger wud wait for him... When jealous, a woman is far more deadlier than the male....and the princess was just that. Feelings like jealousy, insecurity envy etc can overpower the feeling of love especially when the love is unrequited....to quote a cliche...hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Answered by sumitha, 27 Mar '09 09:04 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Being a romantic at heart..I wud like to believe the lady was behind the door..but the realist in me will say that the tiger wud probably be at the door.. I think the author deliberately left the tale without any clear cut ending leaving to interpretations. Where there is love one is vulnerable to hurts, jealousies, insecurities etc..and they do over power the feeling of love from time to time if not given periodic reassurances.
Answered by anonymouse, 27 Mar '09 09:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Don't know
Answered by rahul, 27 Mar '09 10:10 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I think a woman's jealousy will almost always prevail when it comes to matters of the heart. "If I can't have him, no one else can" is a common way of thinking, even today. So, it comes down to this: I believe that behind that door... ...was a tiger....................hehe...I re-read the story, paying attention to the princess' jealousy. I became fairly certain that it was important to this barbaric gal that her rival not get what belonged to the princess. And for her to think of her beloved with another woman would be too much for her to bear. Is she the forgiving type or the vindictive sort? that's a million dollar question!!! I've always had a love/hate feeling about this story, and it's not changed to this day. I loved the mystery of it, yet I hated the lack of a clear-cut ending... Jealousy is that pain which a person,,feels from the apprehension that he/she is not equally beloved by the person whom they entirely loves......Love sees sharply, hatred se ...more
Answered by malishka, 27 Mar '09 09:29 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Yes my friend, i think ,, peeche ek lady hogi
Answered by siddhartha, 27 Mar '09 10:14 pm

(0)
 (0)