Q.

Now we are in a situation that before answering a question we need to check for the genuineness of the questioner ID, no matter how familiar the ID is. What is your opinion regarding this?

Tags: question, relationships, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 26 Nov '09 05:13 pm

1.

We are here to answer Questions , not persons. If we are choosing our Questions properly, then what's the problem. Our answers are for all and not only for the Questioner. Morever by our answers we are making friends as a bye product of such interactions. I fully agree with Hemant Bhai's answer.
Answered by subhash tiwari, 26 Nov '09 05:19 pm

(2)
 (0)

2.

We do need to be careful in this regard. There are some unethical people who do this just to harass decent members. On the other hand some duplicate ids do come up in an innocent manner. It is all because of the software used here.One cannot use a duplicate e-mail id but there is no such bar on using a duplicate name.

Whenever someone wants to open a duplicate id, he/she should be barred from doing so. While signing up for a particular site we cannot make a duplicate e-mail id. Similarly there should be a bar so that no one can use an already in existence name. For example my rediffmail id is abcdefghij @rediffmail .com. Now no one can have a similar id. Likewise the software should be modified in such a manner that no one can have a similar name like Mitali Choudhury.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 27 Nov '09 01:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes...I agree.
Answered by sumita ganguly, 27 Nov '09 09:52 am

(2)
 (1)
4.

Over a period of time, one does get used to the language, style and diction of members with whom one is familiar with on this forum and whose Questions one has been answering for a long time. But some times, it does happen that the Id is not the original esspecially when the Question itself is short and may be a one liner where such minor differences can be missed out.

I think, where there is even a minor doubt it is better to check out. As you are aware, it is not just the Question that interests me. It is the attitude of the Questioner whether they take any interest in looking up the answers, comment and even carry on with further inputs to that answer if it warrants that. So even if there are a hundred most interesting questions, I wouldn't waste my time in answering them who live it unattended or come back to it days later by which time it has already got lost in the stream of answers. In fact, whenever I find a good Qn. to answer, I make it a point to go back and check out a c ...more
Answered by Omega, 26 Nov '09 09:16 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

You are right Mukthaji, I check the ID ref and then only ans the ques. This I started doing after a couple of incidents.
However good the ques is in such case I will not answer nowadays
Answered by Sundar Rajan, 28 Nov '09 01:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Why to open Pandora's box ? I am really surprised not only for fake ID but the way the so called few prominent pseudo intellectuals are shamelessly trading BA , just to show the higher BA percentage . I am now just looking at the questions , only avoiding the questions from those he/she. May be it's bit strong but how long you can keep your eyes closed .Frankly, duplicate ID of same person does not irritate me so much because there are a quite a few with duplicate ID's but they maintain their dignity , by not indulging such spurious activity. These BA traders are sick and let us pray for them " get well soon mamu " because their QNA can be asset to this forum
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 28 Nov '09 11:26 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Hi,Muktha,Nowadays ,I just answer to questions of people who is known to me.I answer only around 10 Qs or even less.I have fun in answering Qs of such known people to me.I think there is no end in investing such things.Still when ever I answer qs of known people I just go through his/her page to see if he/she is genuine or not.Also from questioning style I can guess to some extent if he is a genuine person or not.Even if we make mistake after sometime we will be able to realise whether he is genuine or not,If I find a new Muktha Radhakrishnan tomorrow,I will be able to tell it is you or a another person or a fake person from reading the Q itself.The same way wont you be able to recognize Rachana from reading the Q itself .I believe,You must be aware of my questioning way.Muktha, we and our many close friends have a typical questioning style which cannot be imbibed by a fake ID person.A few months back I answered Qs Of a person called Anantharam.His qs were good.I dont think he was a f ...more
Answered by Rachana, 27 Nov '09 11:49 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

What is to be done with genuinity of a QNA member. We are here to enjoy the QNA and make online frndship. We are not here to make relation.
Answered by Twinkle Aurora, 27 Nov '09 09:59 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Well, I have a take on this after a stint of three years on this forum.
1. There was a fake id created in my name too by some miscreants.
2. There was a case, where a fake id was created to irritate on HoF member, whose only job was generating points for himself with yes/no answer and useless Qs and also awarding BAs to oneself through different ids (males and females included). This person is now sitting in the chair of "respected member" of HoF.
What to do about it?

There is not much you can do. You come to this forum to take your stress off, not to increase your stress level. If this forum turns out to be a stress-booster instead of stress-buster, it's time to check your involvement level in this forum. It's not about virtual world or real world. It's about checking one's involvement in "dessert" over the "main course".

Answered by manish varma, 27 Nov '09 09:18 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

We are concerned with good questions for answering .what difference it makes who is asking the question .
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 27 Nov '09 09:07 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Ok..more

Answered by madhavi