Q.

For Joyesh only, To learn piano why is it taught on the casio and how much time does it take to learn

Tags: music, education, arts & culture
Asked by kamini joshi, 09 Aug '12 05:13 pm

1.

Hi, Happy Independence day !(to all on the forum)

Dear Kamini , The answer is very simple Piano is a very costly instrument ,many can have wish to learn but many not afford to buy the same before joining an institution for lesson.This is the reason that initially piano is taught on keyboards which is available for Rs 15 to 20 k.

Another question , whether it is advisable or not ? yes it is . you can practice piano style on key boards because both are key based instruments .

third aspect of your question , regarding time - I learnt to play harmonium in three months with great dedication . I dont say that now i have nothing more to learnt - i havebeen learning still but understod the function of chords and how to play a song without notation . this is all about your passion on the subject .

Some one has expressed Joyesh wont answer . he is no longer exist on this forum - whenever there are good questions - I will emerge to answer .
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 15 Aug '12 10:33 am

(1)
 (1)
2.

Joyesh wont answer, he is no longer exist on this forum

The time it takes to learn how to efficiently play piano is all up to you. If you put the time and the effort in, you could be playing very well in a few months. If it's a casual hobby and you aren't pushing yourself, it could take a few years.
One suggestion is to practice with a teacher for 3-10 sessions, then continue with "Teach yourself" material like "Teach Yourself Visually" or "Alfred's" or (My Favorite) "John Thompson" .... and not difficult hand exercises of Hanon or ...

Then continue practicing EVERYDAY for a full year, between 30min to an hour.
I assure you that by then, you'll be able to play lot's of fakebooks.
If your intention is to impress your mate, or have a share on some party fun, one year is all you need.
Answered by Psycho, 09 Aug '12 05:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It depends on your devotion, dedication, determination and the time you spend to learn...!
Answered by Dil Se, 09 Aug '12 05:24 pm

(0)
 (0)