Q.

Food - We love our dogs and cats. Create societies for prevention of cruelty on them. But do not think twice before slaughtering a goat or a chicken. What make one animal superior to another?

Tags: food, relationships, create societies
Asked by Vikram, 11 Jan '13 11:38 am

1.

It is purely for survival. Dogs and Cats are carnivorous . If you look at the pet animals meant purely reared as pets about 90% of them are carnivorous . Carnivorous animals survive by eating other animals. If that rule is not followed then you won't be able to feed yourselves as this world will be overflowed by various animals. Because human along with other Carnivorous animals kill other animals for food the world has enough space for all of us. Otherwise you have to kill others for having a space of your own, if not as food.Usually no Carnivorous animal kills another Carnivorous animal for food.
Answered by Josna, 11 Jan '13 12:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I don't know what answer would be suitable here, but I think dogs and cats and all other animals can not be fenced together in one enclosure. Like we cannot do the same with plants. We grow flowers, and compare them to little kids on the one hand and grow wheat, rice etc for eating.
If we go strictly by 'correctness of our action' then we are NOT supposed to drink the milk which is not at all meant for us ... but is purely meant for the little ones of the cow, buffalo etc and we snatch their milk from their kids and drink it our selves. Make curds and cream for icing on cakes and have found many other uses for that mother-gift for her children.
You can put these things in as much emotional terms as you can !!
Answered by QueSera Sera, 11 Jan '13 11:50 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Nothing but partiality by human's including me too sir though i don't have any pets but i do eat chicken at times.
Answered by Quest, 11 Jan '13 02:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Why do we have different set of rooms at home like bathroom, kitchen, drawing room and bed room. It is not question of superiority of one over other. It is simply about the utility and usefulness.
Just a disclaimer from my side, I am a strict vegetarian.
Answered by Uncommon Freind, 11 Jan '13 11:43 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

I stopped eating meat for this reason that its cruelty to animals , yes its cruel and the butchers kill them in a very cruel manner
Answered by kamini joshi, 11 Jan '13 11:40 am

(1)
 (0)