Q.

Would you agree that Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of a witness?

Tags: simply monologues
Asked by inquisitive, 05 Aug '09 01:10 am

1.

Yes.It is popular quote of Margaret Millar

Conversation is an important activity for everyone. You need to have a constructive conversation with everyone. Otherwise it will become monologue .
Sometimes we attend some seminars.Some people used to give boring lecture.It will end as simply monologues delivered in the presence of a witness.
The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment..
Dialogue's sole purpose is to create something that has not previously been thought by any individual prior to the dialogue. It's purpose is not to share information but to create information

But there are very few people who don't become more interesting when they stop talking.
Answered by anantharaman, 05 Aug '09 05:33 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Don't know in most cases but it is certainly true in my case.
Answered by joyoti sen, 05 Aug '09 01:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Conversations can lead to a new idea, a new plan, a new path, a solution, a discovery. All these can make life so interesting, so colorful, so pleasant. Its said, when two intelligent heads meet an idea manifests. That can lead to inventions and what not. You would be able to solve problems, and give ideas to anything and everything from a conversation. So, I feel conversations are doors to a long intelligent, intellectual, meaningful journey !!
Answered by Kavita Prsd, 05 Aug '09 12:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Particularly true in a boss and subordinate relationship (and others having similar characteristics). However to help us there is a book named "Lost art of Listening" but I have not got it so far.
Answered by Prashant, 05 Aug '09 09:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Once my heart was captured, reason was shown the door, deliberately and with a sort of frantic joy. I accepted everything, I believed everything, without struggle, without suffering, without regret, without false shame. How can one blush for what one adores?
Things said for conversation are chalk eggs. Don't say things. What you are stands over you the while, and thunders so that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
Talk to every woman as if you loved her, and to every man as if he bored you, and at the end of your first season you will have the reputation of possessing the most perfect social tact.
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 05 Aug '09 05:46 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

The involvement matters...the senses matter... though the witness may never realise his role... a healthy conversation always calls for a dialogue between two involved people...one who can express...the other who can accept with same meaning and sense...
Answered by sanjay sharma, 05 Aug '09 01:36 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

If one comes fully armed with weapons..then ..yes!
Answered by TheJackal, 05 Aug '09 01:12 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Give me the relevent data. Equity, Preference, debt, willing to raise, interest rate, etc. Dividend Price Approach, Net Income, Net Operating Income,..more

Answered by Sanjay G