Q.

Few years ago I saw a bank manager firing at his steno for not doing the job properly and exchanging hot words at each other. Manager - I am going to charge sheet you. Steno
You may do whatever you want to do I am not bothered. Is the feeling that the union will support him the reason for this attitude of the steno? Is this one of the contributions of our trade unionism retarding our progress? Your views?

Tags: money, relationships, careers
Asked by Good Citizen, 06 Mar '13 03:15 pm

1.

I think the main reason is the backing by the management & trade unions both to such managers which leads to such harassment for the staff. I have seen myself working with a bank such things happening on a regular basis to which any opposition yielding no action!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 06 Mar '13 04:14 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

In 1969 one one clerk went in the chamber of the manager who was not called. The manager, picked up a paper and pretended to read it. The clerk said, suno, the manager asked why he had come in his cabin, the clerk replied,,, '' this is not your baap's cabin' I have to talk to you, you have to listen to me.

Yes this is the strength that the union has given; but this is the perverted use. Before, 1955, since there was no union, especially State Bank employees had been hard pressed with the load of work and were made to work up 12 of night or more without any overtime allowance. This was a great torture to the employees. The employees had to go to their residence by trains which would not be available by that time. They had to sleep on the tables of the branches.
Answered by Om Shrivastava, 06 Mar '13 03:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Especially in banking sectors such occurrences are very common and the subordinates being organised defy their BOSS and threaten to take the matter b4 the union....however the Union also deal such matters with care and issues warning against both not to create any scene.....but such things are persistent in banking sectors....
Answered by Pradipta pati, 06 Mar '13 03:26 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Yes, few people are taking the advantage of Unionism and those unions also support the employees blindly ......... this is nothing but the disadvantage of Union power for any organisation .......
Answered by pradeep mishra, 06 Mar '13 03:18 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

There is always imbalances. When unionism gets upper hand, employees will take full advantage of the position. When managements gets upperhand, they misuse the position to sabotage the interest of employees. To maintain a balance, government of the day has to take initiative to ensure balance between the two so that developmental work of the nation are not hindered.
Answered by dinkar shetty, 06 Mar '13 03:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Itz the other extreme of boss abusing the subordinates.
Now the trade unions are more or less toothless.
Answered by MAdhavan Avadhany, 06 Mar '13 03:17 pm

(1)
 (0)